+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: devil may cry4 's new player

Otaku powerxxx may be famous one day powerxxx may be famous one day powerxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

devil may cry4 's new player

Devil May Cry protagonist Dante is being replaced for the fourth installment in the series, a move the game's developers explained in the new Famitsu PS2. The magazine interviewed Devil May Cry 4 producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, whose credits include Basara 2 and the GameCube version of Resident Evil 4, and Devil May Cry series veteran Hideaki Itsuno.

Itsuno revealed some of the reasons why Dante was replaced with his younger look-alike Nero. "First of all, Dante sort of peaked out in the last game. Also, the introduction of the new protagonist, levels the playing field for veterans and new players," Itsuno told the magazine.

As for the similarities in appearance between Dante and Nero, Kobayashi gave a couple of reasons for that design choice. "The silver hair and coats are symbols that make it easier to recognize the series' protagonist," Kobayashi said. "There is also a deeper meaning [to their similarities]..."

Nero is a member of a religious group called the Kyoudan Kishi, or "Order of Knights." Kobayashi said he will have some new powers, including the abilities to pull enemies toward him or throw them. The awakening of these powers in Nero will apparently make up one of the plot elements in Devil May Cry 4. Regarding Nero's ability to pull or repel enemies, he said: "Nero's right arm uses a new system we're calling the 'Devil Bringer.' This system could have been done on the current hardware, but due to problems with the PlayStation 2's specs, it would have looked primitive. However, with the PlayStation 3 we were able to get the visual aspects right."

A close examination of the screen shots provided in Famitsu PS2 reveals a strange, life-bar-like graphic in the upper left-hand corners. Itsuno explains, "This is like the throttle and clutch on a motorcycle... The sword has a sort of will of its own. Nero has tuned it himself, turning it into a very powerful weapon. I can't talk about the specifics of the system, but we'd created a new style of game-play for the sword."

Despite the focus on Nero, it seems that he may not be the game's only playable character. When asked if it would be possible to play as Dante, Kobayashi replied with another question. "Do you want to be able to play as Dante," he laughed. "In order to proceed through the story, the player's point of view will change but...who knows?"

Expect more details about the game to be revealed later this month at the 2006 Tokyo Game Show. Kobayashi noted that in addition to the playable demo of the game at the show, "the stage event will include a real-time demonstration of the game... There will also be some surprise announcements!"

some pictures of the new game
    http://www.the-magicbox.com/0609/game060912b.shtml
    Power -xxx- aka -M.Ali
    I Fly Swiftly through the air
    I Spread My Wings Without A trace

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: devil may cry4 's new player

It's a bold move to replace Dante. Most people agree he really got his groove back in DMC3.

But I wouldn't write off Dante just yet...
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/main.html

Otaku For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost's Avatar
    Thanks

Dante's not really being replaced by Nero. Nero is a main character and so is Dante. Hassun, yeah I agree with you about Dante getting his groove back in DMC3. DMC2 actually sucks cause Dante lost his groove in that game... -_- Nero and Dante looks alike. Hey, haven't you thought Nero might be that guy... umm, that Angelo guy in DMC1? See the smililar in their names?
    "I love you with all my heart that I can't explain how much in words."

Newbie IrregularGanime may be famous one day IrregularGanime may be famous one day IrregularGanime's Avatar
    Thanks

Dante's has turned bad it seems

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

they couldn't replace dante. it wouldn't be realistic to have another person like him.

and he's the freakin SYMBOL of DMC, so they can't accually replace him, it would destroy the sireis.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

nah no one would ever take dante out of the game.....but taking him out of the main character role is bold....DMC 3 was definitely a high of the series but i jus wonder if the controls will be as smooth as DMC 3. Coz i jus worried a lil bit tht they might lose a lil bit of the groove.....let's hope we get to play Dante as well as Nero

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah a friend of mine told me you still get to play Dante as you play Nero. There might be also a 2-player mode in the game too. not sure but he said they might put the 2-player mode in it. No, Dante didnt turn into a bad guy if that is what you're thinking they might do to Dante.
    "I love you with all my heart that I can't explain how much in words."

Newbie IrregularGanime may be famous one day IrregularGanime may be famous one day IrregularGanime's Avatar
    Thanks

well he seemed that way in the video and I felt very sad since he's my video game idol for the PS2 side.

I really enjoyed 1 and 3. I can even show you a pic to show you how much I love his game man. I love one the most. Mature and cocky. But in this video, it seemed so much that he shot another human being, which is a little too farfetched for a demon slayer.

so i'm wondering what the hell is going on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast