View Poll Results: Do you like dir en grey's new style?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and they should continue changing aswell!

2 22.22%
  • Dont care as long as the music rock (it does!)

6 66.67%
  • No i want them back to visual kei style

1 11.11%
Closed Thread

Thread: Dir en grey's style ?

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

Dir en grey's style ?

After reading many peoples thoughts on dir en greys new single ryoujoku no ame's, and clever sleazoid's, dead tree's pvs etc etc...

I find that lots of people are going on about the fact that dir en greys dress style has changed to become more american, and they want the old Dir en grey back.

It really annoys me that just because kyo chaned his clothes that people start complaining and whining about it.

Personally i dont care what they wear as long as they make great music and even thought they have "americanised" they still make great music so i am happy

I just want to know what you think weather Dir en grey should continue changing as thats what attractid many of us to them (the fact they were different), weather you think its bad and that they should go back to being a visual kei band or that you dont care you just love the music.

your thoughts?
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dir en grey's style ?

i dun give the **** who thinks wut abt dir en grey's pvs. I dun care at all.

So long as they keep making ppl's ear bleed n rolling out the music which has attracted ppl in the first place!

Whether ppl think tht they change their styles to attract americans......tht's up to them n coz they trying to get a world wide audience.....tht is on the corprate side of things.....I've become a converted dir en grey fan tho i nvr heard of them till a friend told me abt it n i listened to them n got hook.

SO screw the mainstream ppl
    Last edited by Blade X; Aug 05, 2006 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Men can't continue to wear colorful extravagant dresses for too long. The Visual Kei trend is dying. Mana has stopped looking girly and now he's becoming more masculine than his days in Malice Mizer. Visual Kei is like Hair Metal. It's just not cool anymore. Now is the time for Visual Kei bands to evolve out of the dress phase. Most of the big names are getting out of the dressing up business. Crossdressing is just a fad. Something that makes the fangirls squeal at the cuteness. Most of the classic bands have either gotten out of it or simply has broken up.

When it comes to Dir en grey, there is more controversy in their sound than their look. Ever since Six Ugly and Vulgar, their sound has an almost Western nu-metal influence. Sort of like D'espairsRay's sound. This has split the fans into two. There are fans of the older Dir en grey and their Visual Kei sound and there are now fans of the newer J-Rock Nu-metal-influenced current sound. That which can be seen and heard in Vulgar and Withering to death.

Their look? It's gone for the better. The elaborate dressing up can't last forever. There are much better bands out there that have succeeded without the need of dressing up like Sex Machineguns. The only reason they rock is because they actually rock and not because of their fashion sense. Overdependence on a gimmick is simply pathetic.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Aug 05, 2006 at 10:19 AM.
    I love my girlfriend.

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

I like their style no matter what they wear
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Otaku lovejam may be famous one day lovejam may be famous one day lovejam's Avatar
    Thanks

Dir en grey is one of the few bands that leaves me in awe with every single song....what they wear isnt important.

kyo looks mighty fine with his new facial hair though

We traded blows in violent prose
    And made arrangements heaven knows..

Newbie Niimura Tooru may be famous one day Niimura Tooru may be famous one day Niimura Tooru's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny, because so many people can't see what they're really doing. dir en grey isn't becoming americanized! What they ARE doing, is making it about the music! Just look at all their new pictures, or, lack there of. There haven't been all that many new pictures, and the ones they do have, are all shrouded in shadows. They're sick of all the fangirls drooling about how GOORRGGEOUS they are, they hide themselves, they don't wear makeup anymore, they just kinda wear whatever they want. And the funny thing is, despite all that, they are still beautiful people. they were just born that way. personally, i don't care if kyo parades around on stage naked. in fact, id prefer he did. Dir En Grey is better than ever and still going strong, and im ashamed of those who can't accept some change.

Love him, Hurt him, Make him bleed.
    Scream his name he's all you need.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

As per forum rules, please do not post in dead threads. Dead threads are those that have had no activity for 2 weeks.

See pt 9 at http://www.animeonline.net/faq.php?f...aq_faqposting:
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Thanks.

** Closing **

Closed Thread