+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disk Formating.Is it good.Or is it bad.

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Disk Formating.Is it good.Or is it bad.

Ok ao let me get to the point.We all know how games are formated and/or compatible for other systems than they were made for.Like playstation games working for the PS2.Or GC games working for the Wii.Then theres when the change the games form.Like how Nintendo made The legend of zelda ocrena of time into a disk for the GC and that means it works for the Wii.
    Ok do you think this is a good idea.If you do why?
    And do you think its smart for the game companies to do this because they are losing money or losing players?

TYPE AWAY!!!!!!

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Disk Formating.Is it good.Or is it bad.

You mean like backwards compatibility? It's always a smart marketing decision to include that in systems, if only for the fact that you'll be butchered in the media for not including it. Backwards compatibility mainly caters to two types of people. Those who missed the previous generation(For example, I didn't buy a Gamecube, but I can still buy GC games for my Wii), or those who sort of don't want to be alienated by being told that they need to buy a new system that won't play any of the games they have now. I think it's only natural if you have 20 GBA games, that you'll want to be able to play them on your DS, I mean, who wants to carry two handhelds around? And for the others, a gigantic backlog of old games is always good for a young system that is still building up its own repertoire of games.

At the same time, I can see why it could be a negative factor. If you look at the Wii, a lot of games still support the GC controller, and then shoehorn the rest of the controller options on. A lot of Wii games have become GC games with 16:9 widescreen basically because of this, and don't really innovate beyond anything that came out last generation. This could possibly be the exception, and not the rule though.
    Last edited by Luminous; Mar 24, 2008 at 01:32 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Luminous For This Useful Post:

!Little negi sensei (Mar 24, 2008)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok the point you have here is, well kind of easy to answer in my point of view. well let me answer this question now without using my time too much. Disk Formatting is well both sided, good and bad at the same time and well for the reason is that whenever you format something there might be a loss of data and prior to using a simple game that may be corrupted without a faulty notice to the gamer. Do you understand into what i am saying, well when formating a good disk is highly good and will sometimes be a good idea when using certain types of disks that are compatible.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dark1angel For This Useful Post:

!Little negi sensei (Mar 24, 2008)

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

its good for the companies becasue someone who has a huge library of GameCube games wont be as afraid to adopt a shiny new Wii. it also keeps certain games, like Halo, console specific, so you have to go buy a 360 to play Halo 3.

and if you are wondering how they put the N64 games, being on a cartrage, on a disc for the GC, they use a program called an emulator. here's a link to Wikipedia

Console emulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ochi Gate For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Mar 24, 2008), !Little negi sensei (Mar 24, 2008)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Disk Formating.Is it good.Or is it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    its good for the companies becasue someone who has a huge library of GameCube games wont be as afraid to adopt a shiny new Wii. it also keeps certain games, like Halo, console specific, so you have to go buy a 360 to play Halo 3.

and if you are wondering how they put the N64 games, being on a cartrage, on a disc for the GC, they use a program called an emulator. here's a link to Wikipedia

Console emulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Well as you mentioned about the *Emulator* you thinkg it is used often now or simply used many times? Thus, i never heard such a thing, *i apologize for my rudness* though this thing that you said what it could possibly do?
    Does this Emulator would provide a an efficient quality of good games into being compatible into one another?
    Although whenever some game creator does a finished touch into a complete game would it be replicated and turned into another system software?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

+ Reply to Thread