+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disney is the root of all evil!!!

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Disney is the root of all evil!!!

Ok, so in the "Making the Braid" episode of Cory in the House
    two little girls are reffered to as "hoochie mommas" at a little girls b-day party.

I dunno about everyone else, but that doesnt seem very disney like to me.

What is everyones opinion about this incident, and the outlook of disney today? (and as opposed to disney back then?)

Heres the lURL if you dont believe me.
    (At 2:10 Sophie and her freind apparently are "Hoochie Mommas")
    YouTube - Cory in the House - S02E08 - Making the Braid Part 3
    Yay-yea?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Disney is the root of all evil!!!

While a Hoochie Mamma does have a primary definition of "Slut", I'm sure that they didn't mean it in that context.

I think they ment it in the context of its secondary meaning, which is more commonly accepted in society: A female who is fully aware of herself, knows how to speak her mind, takes no crap from anyone, and is beyond loyal to her group of friends.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    While a Hoochie Mamma does have a primary definition of "Slut", I'm sure that they didn't mean it in that context.

I think they ment it in the context of its secondary meaning, which is more commonly accepted in society: A female who is fully aware of herself, knows how to speak her mind, takes no crap from anyone, and is beyond loyal to her group of friends.
    isnt Hoochie defined as a sexually prmosicuous woman?
    Why would Disney even go anywhere near something that could
    be deemed innaporiate for their particular demographic?
    Yay-yea?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    isnt Hoochie defined as a sexually prmosicuous woman?
    Why would Disney even go anywhere near something that could
    be deemed innaporiate for their particular demographic?
    many shows try to provide entertainment for both the adult and child demographic, so there could be more bonding time or some such nonsense.

The same can be said of animaniacs. many jokes that were used were meant for kids, but some were very subtly adult, as they got passed the censors and were allowed to make it on the air. Another is spongebob announcing to mrs. puff "see you next tuesday."

In this sense, almost any show designed for kids can be entertaining for adults as well.
    Why hello there!

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol Disney is a still an ok channel. It was better back in the days though. I liked Pepper Ann. I watched Doug on Nickelodeon I don't know if I watched Disney's Doug.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Word? because I don't know anyone who uses hoochie momma in that light... "B!tch" maybe. But, I've never heard of "hoochie momma" being any type of empowering term for a woman.

I would say a hoochie momma is either a girl who is permiscuous (sp?)... OR a girl who wears sexual, or revealing clothing.

I have heard women feeling warranted or entitled to dress like a hoochie, but thats as possitive as it gets... and I hang with and know people who frequently use this term. As far as Disney, it doesn't surprise or upset me... Our nations youth will pick up far worse languege and slang terms, just by hanging out with their peers.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Ok, so in the "Making the Braid" episode of Cory in the House
    two little girls are reffered to as "hoochie mommas" at a little girls b-day party.

I dunno about everyone else, but that doesnt seem very disney like to me.

What is everyones opinion about this incident, and the outlook of disney today? (and as opposed to disney back then?)

Heres the lURL if you dont believe me.
    (At 2:10 Sophie and her freind apparently are "Hoochie Mommas")
    YouTube - Cory in the House - S02E08 - Making the Braid Part 3

Dude..your freakin awsome Rook!! ..i have been waiting for someone to make a post about disney ..i would but i would have got banned for it ..(due to things me would say ..lol)
    but ohmygosh i cant stand the disney channel..why do they keep airing stuff on..i really dont watch cory in the house..but it seems like disney is trying to step it up with how the media is today..O.o'''i think u should write to the airing company and let them know this has happen so they can find a reason to cancel disney...hmmm well CITH is not that bad though..

But if u want to talk about banning shows HANNA MONTANA!! ..she everywhere now..shirts,cups,shoes,posters,moives,cds,,toys, u name this girl has taken over..I see her everywhere i look ..O.o ..nnnnoooo...

+ Reply to Thread