+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: District 9 reaction time + a review

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

District 9 reaction time + a review

I just saw District 9 and I must say that it is perhaps the greatest sci-fi movie that has been released as of yet. I like to think of it as the R-rated E.T. of the 21st Century, if that makes any sense. The violence and gore was amazing. The story was great. The character development and the plot was wonderful. The only flaws that I could think of was that there sure were a lot of douchebag characters and according to my girlfriend, the movie seemed a little too drawn out. The main character was very antihero-ish and was very humanly selfish but overall a great representative of the everyman career-hungry desk jockey loser who is suddenly forced into a horrible situation. Think Gordon Freeman minus the smarts and plus the douchebaggery. Speaking of Gordon Freeman, I definitely got a Half-Life 2 feel from this movie and I'm sure those who have seen the movie will know why.

click to show spoiler

Anyway, the movie was a great late-night ride. It currently has a 93% freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I came in expecting not that much, but came out wonderfully satisfied.

Discuss.
    I love my girlfriend.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: District 9 reaction time + a review

Yeah, this movie looks pretty good, possibly the best looking flick of this summer(holding my breathe for Inglorious Bastards).

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I'll be catching it when it's released out here, hopefully somewhere at the end of 2009.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I wasn't planning on watching this sci-fi after the disastrous one with Keanu Reeves in it. What's it called again? It was so bad that I don't even remember the name, something about the earth standing still, though arguably I only wanted to watch it because of Keanu Reeves. After reading your enthusiastic review though, I think I'll see this one. Not too excited about the gore though, so I'll skip the popcorn or something.

Newbie Maku is off to a good start Maku's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't really know anything about District 9 but my friend asked me to go with her and that her boyfriend said it was an awesome movie so we went. For awhile it was payback for dragging her to see Quarantine. (I couldn't stand the gore for awhile.) There is a good amount of gore...but the action makes up for it and was just awesome... But yeah you will find a good reason to laugh at the saying 'when pigs fly.'
    Because nothing can ever be PERFECT
    Something is always WRONG
    And sometimes...
    I cannot help but Smile...

Newbie AngelOfDarkness21 is off to a good start AngelOfDarkness21's Avatar
    Thanks

I seen this movie the other night, and ill have to admit that it was nothing like I seen from the trailer. I really didnt think that it was going to be like sci-fi/documentary/action film. Over all I really liked the movie, I like a movie thats not afraid to show gore. I find that this movie also perfectly depected how the human race would really act if something like what happened in D9. Found while watching the movie that it was just like being racist towards another culture, which kinda sadned me to the point that the world was still like that. I know thats me thinking of a perfect world but I guess I was just one of those people that was raised to treat everyone equally. And then the testing, Oh man that almost made me sick to my stomach that people could put another person through so much pain. Hope that didnt give too much away.

But over all i enjoyed the movie, I kinda hope that there will be a good sequal.

AoD

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

( ^_^)

click to show spoiler

it is indeed a very good movie, and can definitely be enjoyed by all types of people. It's a very real-world, "okay, what would happen if aliens actually did come to Earth? No, no what if they real did? No, i mean it! What if they did?"

oh, and all the cuts from film-looking footage, to surveillance-type footage, to news-type footage was really top notch! stuff looks REAL, you know?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw D9 over the weekend on Saterday with friends. It was an awesome movie, it was in my opinion really origenel for the over all story line as I was not expecting that at all to go down like that. I felt really bad for the aliens living in the geto and such... Come to think of it, I don't think they ever said what their REAL speciese name was, or I have just forgoten because I was just blown away by the whole thing.

I know the over all story is about racisom and predgedice and taking advantage of others quite literaly different from your self to the exstream, but I feel there was also an underlining message in the movie of "Walk a mile in anothers persons shoes" sort of thing. If you have not seen it I will not give away what I mean by that. I loved the ending though, it really put a smile on my face.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast