+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you trust the gaming media for reviews?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you trust the gaming media for reviews?

well for one thing negi, apperantly Xplay gave Crisis Core a sucky rating, when everyone ive talked too, myself included, says it great. they base too much off off SquareEnix "milking FFVII too much". they need to realise that its its own game in its own right, and thats that. ans Xplay was way better before they "evolved".

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    well for one thing negi, apperantly Xplay gave Crisis Core a sucky rating, when everyone ive talked too, myself included, says it great. they base too much off off SquareEnix "milking FFVII too much". they need to realise that its its own game in its own right, and thats that. ans Xplay was way better before they "evolved".
    First off dont call me negi...no seriously.Ok they might have done that(I dont remember see that episode)But what do you really expect them to say?If they say its a great game.Or its a horrible game its gonna upset some people so they find what it LOOKS like is happing and base there review on that so as to not upset people.They might personally think its a great game but on T.V they might need to say more of the facts and wat looks like is going on with the game and base there review on that.

And i think ITS KOOL DAT DAY EVOLVED.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

I kinda liked Quest 64 which got horrible reviews. You can actually beat the game if you avoid some of the fights. The thing about the game every two steps you took, it seemed like there was always a random battle encounter.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont watch them unless i want to know whats new. other than that i just go with my guts
    and i usually ask me friends on their opinions. I trust them more than some random person getting paid.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

one: i am no one's evil minion

two: i trust them to give an honest or even biased review depending on the game. However i don;t let these rule my gaming choices, i use them as a guide. If a game gets a mediocre score from one source, but an above average score from another, my first thought is "rent, then maybe buy"

but yes. dont trust them completely. use reviews alongside your tastes and opinions.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Shermanator may be famous one day Shermanator may be famous one day
    Thanks

i really dont trust the media reviews because everyone is different...some sites may review a game and say it was a 9 and another can say hey this was a 4 so i mean opinions vary...and when i play a game if i like it i like it if not then oh well...some of my favorite games were rated like 2,3,sometimes a 4 but still like the game no matter what the media says. not gonna stop playing it just because some guy happened to not like it.

In every world, the God’s always make the rules. You will fall before my fake rules, and for the sin of going against the new world’s God, die.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Like Hassun, I compare reviews from different sources and research the game on my own. I trust the gaming media in general, because they're gamers, like me. Well, okay, I don't trust X-Play... X-Play just seems to have degraded in quality over the years... The puppets killed it for me, I have to say.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

LOL NO...

The reviews i get off games are this simple, if it's a bad review i buy it, if it's a good review i leave it, unless it's a well known game which obviously is gonna get bummed by the media reviews, example Halo3 all review state this is the best game, screw that i hate it. Sorry for being like so angry but hell i hate the media and their pathetic reviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast