+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do you trust the gaming media for reviews?

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you trust the gaming media for reviews?

Trust them? yeah why shouldn't i? They are professionals making a living out of giving opinions.

I think this isn't about trusting them, it's about agreeing with them or not. Sometimes, i agree with the reviews and sometimes not. I pick games by personal taste and not because somebody gave it a 10.

Reviews are one of the biggest factors why there are TONS of great games unknown by the mainstream crowd. *sigh*

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Not after 30 seconds did I hate the gaming media as i do now. they gave FF7 Crisis Core a 7.25 on Gameinformer! That game at least, AT LEAST deserved an 8.5, the graphics are outstanding, gameplay is great, the story is FF& so it IS the best storyline you can find, and they give it 7.25? WTF is that!?

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Its all depends on what site it is. Some I'll go this is crap and move on. But others I will truly read through and take things from it. But for the most part I look into a game myself before consulting a review board.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    This is one of a few areas where one has to wonder how objective these reviewers are.
    The person who was fired for giving that review was actually objective in his review. He/she was hired to give their opinions on a product, which he/she did, and was fired for it. It was the Website's owners and the client who were questionable in this case.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The person who was fired for giving that review was actually objective in his review. He/she was hired to give their opinions on a product, which he/she did, and was fired for it. It was the Website's owners and the client who were questionable in this case.
    I actually have to challenge you on that. I saw parts of that video review and I got to agree with the very few who were saying that this guy seem to have laid more crap on the game than deserved. It was as if he's acting like an angry ex.

At the same time that was the same incident that makes me look at every review out there and twice. I no longer look at the good points (only the bad ones), and I read enough reviews to know how magazines do (example: play magazine tends to be overly nice to games). As of right now I have another forum with a group of people who are very hardcore gamers, so I usually read what they have to say. Those folks have rarely disappoint when I choose to buy the games they say are good.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

For me when I buy games, I look at how fast it winds back at EB used and how much it goes for used.

I just got Crackdown for 20 bucks used, yet Ace Combat 6 is going for almost 40-50 used.

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally read reviews to know what game I would get, but if the prices go down on games that got bad reviews then I'll buy them. Some time game with bad reviews are actually good games such as bullet witch.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3