Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else think family guy isn't very funny anymore?

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Does anybody else think family guy isn't very funny anymore?

I started out really liking it now it just isn't that funny to me. Family guy is still funny,but not as funny anymore. Does anybody else think so?

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does anybody else think family guy isn't very funny anymore?

Its been happening gradually but its ok right now, it happens to all shows after a while everyone grows out of them.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

i've started to noticed this, but if you havent seen it in a long time, its ok again.
    serious too much FG is bad., i couldnt even watch the whole StuwieGriffin movie,

BUT

In thier new epiisodes they are starting to introduce the re-introducing or having re-occuring characters, much like The Simpsons and thier classic characters. This new concept for family guy is i think refreshing and its a good thing for the time being.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah it has been getting alittle dumb. I think the producer is trying to hard to make it funny. I did like it the way it was. Of course almost any show starts out good then begins to get bad.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Family Guy was good the first time it was on, before it got the boot, but ever since Fox brought it back it just hasn't been funny. Of the new ones I've seen, they've almost all had some sort of cheesy musical number that drags on far longer than it should. It's simply trying to waste time because their scripts are lacking.

Another thing, Seth MacFarlane can only do a maximum of like 4 voices, and they all sound the same, so it gets tiring hearing him try to do a different character with the exact same voice. Like, it would be far better if he used his real voice rather than trying to do fake voices which sound exactly alike.
    South Park does the same thing (Trey Parker and Matt Stone do many of the voices), but they do it in an honest way where the no-name characters are Trey and Matt using their real voice, so it's not like their trying to force you to laugh because the voice is 'funny.' (I find)

When Family Guy first came on air, it was fairly risque for adult cartoons at the time. However, during Family Guy's off-air time, adult cartoon shows have taken off like wildfire, so Family Guy isn't new anymore, yet they're still trying to play with the same deck of cards they had before. Also, the 'homages' and 'parodies' that Family Guy used to throw in have simply become direct translations. For instance, in the Stewie Movie, they try to parody 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' at the end (where Stewie is running to the music). But it's not a parody, because they don't make fun of, or add a twist. They literally copied the scene straight from the movie, and expect us to laugh because we know of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Or, when the old guy is fighting the tree like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.....they don't add any sort of twist, they just used the scene where both are falling into a cavern, and they dragged it on far longer than needed, so any comical timing was lost.

I guess to finish this up, I'll just say that it seems like Family Guy comes up with a punchline, then tries to develop a scene for the punchline. I mean...each scene in family guy is almost seperate from one another, they just try and run a gag through then on to next scene. South Park is faaaar better and far superior to Family Guy, as no matter how ludicrous the episode gets, they always tie it in somehow at the end, so that the comedy, and the show is flowing, and you know they spent time on the script (well, for most episodes anyways hehe)

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Newbie Micronian_ace may be famous one day Micronian_ace may be famous one day Micronian_ace's Avatar
    Thanks

Seth does use his regular voice for brian

FG isn't as funny as it used to be, but it is far better than the simpsons, but not as good as south park

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

rofl family guy is funny, but they got to learn when too much is too much
    like i watched an episode where they made fun of black people sayin 'ahaha, slave, nba star n some rasist stuff ' and how white people 'are all kkk members'
    and like how is that comedy?

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Does anybody else think family guy isn't very funny anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    rofl family guy is funny, but they got to learn when too much is too much
    like i watched an episode where they made fun of black people sayin 'ahaha, slave, nba star n some rasist stuff ' and how white people 'are all kkk members'
    and like how is that comedy?
    I really don't know that is not funny to me. I agree that show can go too far. At first the dvd set had bleeps all the way. I bought the new one that came out a few months ago,and it has some episodes bleeped.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast