Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anybody else think family guy isn't very funny anymore?

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does anybody else think family guy isn't very funny anymore?

Just like the simpsons, it is going to decline as the years go by, meaning it is time to cancel the show rather than drag it on with average episodes in my opinion.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Does anybody else think family guy isn't very funny anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Just like the simpsons, it is going to decline as the years go by, meaning it is time to cancel the show rather than drag it on with average episodes in my opinion.
    Yeah, I don't know how long its going to go on. I think it will be over with soon. But I think American Dad would still be coming on after that maybe. It isn't funnier than Family guy ,so I just don't know.

Newbie Captainkrabs is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    Family Guy was good the first time it was on, before it got the boot, but ever since Fox brought it back it just hasn't been funny. Of the new ones I've seen, they've almost all had some sort of cheesy musical number that drags on far longer than it should. It's simply trying to waste time because their scripts are lacking.

Another thing, Seth MacFarlane can only do a maximum of like 4 voices, and they all sound the same, so it gets tiring hearing him try to do a different character with the exact same voice. Like, it would be far better if he used his real voice rather than trying to do fake voices which sound exactly alike.
    South Park does the same thing (Trey Parker and Matt Stone do many of the voices), but they do it in an honest way where the no-name characters are Trey and Matt using their real voice, so it's not like their trying to force you to laugh because the voice is 'funny.' (I find)

When Family Guy first came on air, it was fairly risque for adult cartoons at the time. However, during Family Guy's off-air time, adult cartoon shows have taken off like wildfire, so Family Guy isn't new anymore, yet they're still trying to play with the same deck of cards they had before. Also, the 'homages' and 'parodies' that Family Guy used to throw in have simply become direct translations. For instance, in the Stewie Movie, they try to parody 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' at the end (where Stewie is running to the music). But it's not a parody, because they don't make fun of, or add a twist. They literally copied the scene straight from the movie, and expect us to laugh because we know of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Or, when the old guy is fighting the tree like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.....they don't add any sort of twist, they just used the scene where both are falling into a cavern, and they dragged it on far longer than needed, so any comical timing was lost.

I guess to finish this up, I'll just say that it seems like Family Guy comes up with a punchline, then tries to develop a scene for the punchline. I mean...each scene in family guy is almost seperate from one another, they just try and run a gag through then on to next scene. South Park is faaaar better and far superior to Family Guy, as no matter how ludicrous the episode gets, they always tie it in somehow at the end, so that the comedy, and the show is flowing, and you know they spent time on the script (well, for most episodes anyways hehe)

You are correct, good sir. Everything you said is what I always point to people of why I hate Family Guy. It's just unfunny now. The sad part really is that they try hard to be funny. I blame the newer writers that Seth had hired at the last minute. He should have never went on with the show if he didn't have actual funny writers.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2