+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: does anyone like the band queen, and other classic rock?

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: does anyone like the band queen, and other classic rock?

Yeah I know what you mean about taking you back. My Mom brought us up listening to everything from Bach to Bread and even groups like the Scorpions. My Dad mostly listened to the "oldies" (like the 40's & 50's) like Bobby Darin, Sinatra, Bing Crosby, etc. I can never thank them enough for this. It taught us an appreciation for many types of music.
    When I do actually tune in a radio, I am a channel flipper, I look for songs that catch me. Nothing gets me quicker than one of the Rock Classics. You know what I mean, The songs that make you go Ooh! and you stop dead & have to sing along.
    I find I have become a bit of an oldies snob. I was watching the new Highlander movie (from the TV show), and found myself disgusted when I realized they had substituted another band singing the opening/closing song. What was Queen sining it no longer good enough. Did they think they needed a younger sound for the new kids. Arrgh!
    Maybe one of you out there can help me with something. I have been trying to remember a Black Sabbath song... Something about Children of the grave, or some such. I can sort of hear some of it going through my head, has been since I first posted on here last night. Well the OCD won't let it go until I figure out the title.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    And I am a huge fan of Queen, have been since i was born. Queen is part of my nations heritage and will always been remembered as the greatest band of all time. My parents played Queen since I was a child and was brought up listening to classic rock with bands like Pink Floyd, Yes, Led Zepplin, etc. Its just my kind of music along with Alternative and Indie rock.
    Now those are some bands

Well any way like you i was brought up on Queen and those bands as well.My mother would listen to them and after a while i stared to listen them as well.Still listen to them to this day.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

could it be 'children of the grave' from the album 'i sold my soul for rock 'n roll'?

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    You are my new hero . . . I LOVE THOSE BANDS! My friend Michelle and I randomly break into Bohemian Rhapsody. I want to be in the MUSICAL "We Are The Champions" . . . I drive on the Highway to Hell!
    same with me, Queen, Ozzy, ZZtop.
    my fav song from Queen has to Bohemian Rhapsody.
    but there are many great bands out there that were playing at the same time as these.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Woo! Can't believe that was the title all along. Think I'll check Youtube out for it. Thanks.

Now you all know, what with all this nostalgia, I had to change the CD's in my player over to Queen & such.

I still say Freddie was/is the greatest voice ever. We lost a really beautiful soul there.

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

yes, I like queen and AC/DC. I can't deny Highway to Hell is one of my favorite sons. I also like TNT too.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Queen rocks! One of the greatest bands to grace the face of the earth! ^_^
    I also like AC/DC, a lil' bit of Motley Crue, Guns 'n Roses and Pink Floyd among other bands from back in "the day".

I grew up to classic rock. It's in my veins. It swims in my ears, even when I'm not listening to music, LOL. Ever since I was little I listened to the radio for the sole purpose to hear at least one song by Queen or any of the others listed above. The Beatles are really good too! I dunno if you were counting them or not, but yeah. ^_^

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Is Boys-to-men considered Classic Rock!!?? (J/K before someone has a breakdown and posts something bad about my reply) Yes...Classic rock is AWESOME!!! AC/DC, Queen, Whitesnake, Scropians (itachigirl...nice!!!). I don't know too many of my friends no too much of Classic rock. It sucks because the music industry has gone down. They really don't care about people who could actually sing (i.e. Kanye West) it's all talking and about one hit wonders. I want more songs like Classic rock to make a come back already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast