+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don S. Davis

Newbie jessicacheers is off to a good start jessicacheers's Avatar
    Thanks

Don S. Davis

With great sadness we must report that veteran actor Don S. Davis passed away on June 29, 2008. He was 65 years old. Don co-starred on Stargate SG-1 for the show's first seven years, helping to launch the enduring science fiction franchise. Davis played Major General George Hammond, base commander and a father figure to many of the show's characters. He is also well-known for his portrayal of Major Garland Briggs in Twin Peaks. Off-screen, Don was beloved by the show's cast and crew. He departed the show in 2003 due to a medical condition that restricted his workload, but returned for several guest appearances on SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis in the following years. Don worked hard to improve his health, and continued to work both on screen and off until his death. Born August 4, 1942 in Aurora, Missouri and raised there, Don received a Bachelor of Science degree with a double major in theater and art from Southwest Missouri State College in 1965. He then served three years on active duty in the United States Army, entering as a Second Lieutenant. He rose to the rank of Captain and was stationed in Korea before completing his required tour of active duty. Upon leaving the army, Don began working toward a Master's degree in theater at Southern Illinois University, in Carbondale, Illinois, and received his Master's degree in 1970. He taught at the University of British Columbia for a decade before returning to SIU to complete his coursework for a PhD in theater, receiving the degree in 1982. In 2003 Don married his soul mate and the great love of his life, Ruby Fleming-Davis. The two have resided in British Columbia with their three dogs, Teto, Ming and Charley. Services for Don S. Davis will be small and private in Vancouver. His Web sites will be updated this week, and his obituary has been published in the Vancouver Sun newspaper. In lieu of flowers or gifts, the family requests that donations be made to the American Heart Association in Don's memory. Memories of Don can be shared at GateWorld Forum. Also watch the site this week for our full tribute to this stellar actor and man, beginning with a video tribute later today.
    Attached Images

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Don S. Davis

What can I say, it is a shame to lose such a great actor but more importantly a great Human being. I loved is charactor in SG1. He will be missed by his friends and family and his many fans.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

jessicacheers (Jul 02, 2008)

Newbie jessicacheers is off to a good start jessicacheers's Avatar
    Thanks

I know i was very sad cause he is a very good actor but think how is wife must feel.

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

He was a great actor and will be sorely missed. I loved his character in SG1 my heart goes out to his family at this time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ron119125 For This Useful Post:

jessicacheers (Jul 02, 2008)

Newbie Carsonlover89 is off to a good start Carsonlover89's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG that is so sad. That is so awful. Well he will be missed by a whole lot of people
    the awsome Paul McGillion who plays scottish doctor Carson Beckett on Stargate Atlantis who is best friends with Rodney McKay who is played be David Hewlett who is best friends in real life with Paul McGillion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carsonlover89 For This Useful Post:

jessicacheers (Jul 03, 2008)

Newbie soccergoddess is off to a good start soccergoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jessicacheers View Post
    With great sadness we must report that veteran actor Don S. Davis passed away on June 29, 2008. He was 65 years old. Don co-starred on Stargate SG-1 for the show's first seven years, helping to launch the enduring science fiction franchise. Davis played Major General George Hammond, base commander and a father figure to many of the show's characters. He is also well-known for his portrayal of Major Garland Briggs in Twin Peaks. Off-screen, Don was beloved by the show's cast and crew. He departed the show in 2003 due to a medical condition that restricted his workload, but returned for several guest appearances on SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis in the following years. Don worked hard to improve his health, and continued to work both on screen and off until his death. Born August 4, 1942 in Aurora, Missouri and raised there, Don received a Bachelor of Science degree with a double major in theater and art from Southwest Missouri State College in 1965. He then served three years on active duty in the United States Army, entering as a Second Lieutenant. He rose to the rank of Captain and was stationed in Korea before completing his required tour of active duty. Upon leaving the army, Don began working toward a Master's degree in theater at Southern Illinois University, in Carbondale, Illinois, and received his Master's degree in 1970. He taught at the University of British Columbia for a decade before returning to SIU to complete his coursework for a PhD in theater, receiving the degree in 1982. In 2003 Don married his soul mate and the great love of his life, Ruby Fleming-Davis. The two have resided in British Columbia with their three dogs, Teto, Ming and Charley. Services for Don S. Davis will be small and private in Vancouver. His Web sites will be updated this week, and his obituary has been published in the Vancouver Sun newspaper. In lieu of flowers or gifts, the family requests that donations be made to the American Heart Association in Don's memory. Memories of Don can be shared at GateWorld Forum. Also watch the site this week for our full tribute to this stellar actor and man, beginning with a video tribute later today.
    that is so awful i am going to miss him he was a very good actor
    Leonardo DiCaprio is so fine.
    Kelsey
    soccer is my passion
    worship me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soccergoddess For This Useful Post:

jessicacheers (Jul 03, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread