+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dot Hack Part 1: Infection Assistance

Newbie The Informer may be famous one day The Informer may be famous one day
    Thanks

Dot Hack Part 1: Infection Assistance

I've been playing the game dot hack:Infection for ps2, and I have a problem regarding a character I've recently added to my team, his name is Piros, and he's a heavy axe wielder. I've been trying to power level him so he can catch up to my character and Blackrose's level(level 20), but the problem is he dies too easily because of his armor. Now, I've found level 23 armor(throught trading) for both my character and Blackrose, but I can't seem to find a trader who will give me 20+ heavy armor for an axe wielder, although I have found him a good lvl 11(Thunder Axe) weapon. Is there something I need to do or somewhere I need to go in order to get him good armor? Do I get access to another server other than delta later on? I need to know, because I'm sure I'll be using him in my party later on, and I don't want him to be weak(causing criticals to hit him more often).

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dot Hack Part 1: Infection Assistance

i would never suggest Piros unless you HAVE to use him. Mistral is better.

my team is
    Kite (lvl 25)
    BR (lvl25)
    Mistral (lvl 24)

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Thanks

I'm just leveling each friend I encounter because they might be integral for the story, although there was one I never got to test out skills nor level(orca), so far in playing the game. Besides, if the fact of comrades not being online at certain times is true, I might have to lean to him for help when no one else is active for duty. Knowing this, I wouldn't want low level help, when I'm almost twice or three times his level. Problem is, I've been using him as bait lately because I can't find good armor for the guy, I just got him a better axe(shadow axe), but that's all I acquire for him, which are weapons. I've also tried throwing armor into the springs, looks as though it doesn't work as good as I thought it would, barely bringing the level of the armor up(for example, throwing in level 2 armor and getting level 3 armor) and would also take a very long time to do. I hope to get better armor somehow for him as he slowly levels(between deaths), because a high level person with beginners armor isn't a good sign.
    Last edited by The Informer; Aug 20, 2006 at 06:48 PM.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Piros/Piroshi is honestly just in there for people that really wants to use a Heavy Axe til volume 3....there are parts in each game that you HAVE to use him but usually you and the other character in your party is enough to get you by in those dungeons.

If you REALLY need something I suggest going to an area thats high leveled and using Data Drain on the enemies there...also the throwing armors into the springs will level them up so you might wanna do that instead (A lot easier)

FYI: I think armor levels go up higher when you throw them into springs at areas thats in the night period + bad weather (like rain)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Informer View Post
    I'm just leveling each friend I encounter because they might be integral for the story, although there was one I never got to test out skills nor level(orca), so far in playing the game. Besides, if the fact of comrades not being online at certain times is true, I might have to lean to him for help when no one else is active for duty. Knowing this, I wouldn't want low level help, when I'm almost twice or three times his level. Problem is, I've been using him as bait lately because I can't find good armor for the guy, I just got him a better axe(shadow axe), but that's all I acquire for him, which are weapons. I've also tried throwing armor into the springs, looks as though it doesn't work as good as I thought it would, barely bringing the level of the armor up(for example, throwing in level 2 armor and getting level 3 armor) and would also take a very long time to do. I hope to get better armor somehow for him as he slowly levels(between deaths), because a high level person with beginners armor isn't a good sign.
    he isn't integral, only BR and kite are, unless i seriously missed something (mia and elk are too but i hate them.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    If you REALLY need something I suggest going to an area thats high leveled and using Data Drain on the enemies there...also the throwing armors into the springs will level them up so you might wanna do that instead (A lot easier)

FYI: I think armor levels go up higher when you throw them into springs at areas thats in the night period + bad weather (like rain)
    That's what I haven't been doing, the data drain. I usually avoid it most of the time because I can't level up good when using it and I don't like the concept that it could mess up things with my character and possibly end the game, which is why I rarely use it, needing to use it only when I face those "invincible" bosses I've seen in the story mode who can't be beat any other way. The springs are two much or a 50/50 risk, which is why I barely use those.

he isn't integral, only BR and kite are, unless i seriously missed something (mia and elk are too but i hate them.
    I also meant whereas he is the only playable character at the time, in which other characters are logged off and it seems he's the only one to turn to for help. I don't want him to be weak if this situation occurs.

Here are my stats so far..

Snake(Main character, renamed from "kite"): lvl 34, lvl 33 armor, lvl 19 rare weapon(acquired from the secret giant boss after beating the game), 200,220 gold
    BlackRose: lvl 32, lvl 33 armor, lvl 18 rare weapon
    Piros: lvl 25, lvl 16 armor, lvl 17 rare weapon
    Mia: lvl 29, lvl 23 armor, lvl 13 rare weapon
    Elk: lvl 29, lvl 20 armor, lvl 14 rare weapon
    Mistral: lvl 32, lvl 20 armor, lvl 14 rare weapon
    Sanjuro: lvl 31, lvl 33 armor, lvl 16 rare weapon
    Natsume: lvl 30, lvl 29 armor, lvl 16 rare weapon
    Gardenia: lvl 33, lvl 30 armor, lvl 15 rare weapon
    Orca: lvl 50, N/A armor/weapon, 50,000 gold, unknown status

as for the exception for elk and mistral(because wavemasters seem to get lower armor than others), Piros isn't doing so well. I'm hoping they'll give me better armor for him for part 2 or I find better armor with data drain, because it will be hard leveling him up higher with his bad quality armor. The game was good, even though the end boss was a big pain(even at lvl 33, the guy would kill someone in two hits or less, having me drain through healing potions and mage's souls), so I'm expecting better with part 2.

By the way, anyone know how to beat the one golden goblin after beating the game? The thing is ridiculously fast and heals itself as it runs, it seems almost impossible even with speed boosters.
    Last edited by The Informer; Aug 24, 2006 at 02:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread