+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragon Age Origins

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragon Age Origins

so.. I have no idea if this has been discussed as of yet..

but I would like to know from other what they think of this
    wonderful and gory game..

I personally have just recently purchased it and have not put it down yet.
    I find the whole story to be somewhat good, but then RPG's are always putting
    you the player as the main hero...

the Characters are well developed and the humor that springs between certain characters is witty and really good..

so what do you like about this game?

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dragon Age Origins

oh man, I have been waiting for this game for so long. Boiware has always been trustworthy with their RPG's. I have not played it yet (most regretfully) but I will very soon. I'm glad you think its good, and I'll look at this forum again to see if others think the same.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

I forgot to mention that unlike most RPG's...
    Dragon Age has no level cap.. which I find to be a well worth idea.
    I hate RPG's when you level up and level up and all of a sudden, you stop because you have reached the hard cap.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny thing is though, it might as well have a level cap after you run out of enemies to kill.
    I find it rather sad that I have no place to destroy endless amounts of enemies. But I suppose they didn't want me getting every single power available. Understandable.

Beat the game as a Male City Elf, Rogue, Assassin, Ranger.
    Romanced Zafran, Morrigan, and Lelianna. Broke up with Zafran and Morrigan to stay with Lelianna.
    Specialized in poisons and grenades.
    Could pick any lock that existed and could persuade anyone I talked to.

Good stuff. Great game.
    Bioware never disappoints me.

Quite surprised they went in reverse according to RPG-style. Haven't played this type of RPG in years. With all the new stuff in here, it works perfectly.

Favorite character?
    Morrigan for humor, Alistair for friendship, and Flemeth for overall interesting.

Playstyle: Semi-heroic, donated massive amounts of items and money, persuade almost every time (except for... well, the temple in the forest ), and ended... well, that's a spoiler I'll tell another time.

Team:
    Beginning - Wynne, Alistair, Morrigan.
    Middle- Wynne, Shale, Alistair.
    End- Morrigan, Alistair, Lelianna.

Tactic:
    I sneak ahead, take out all the traps, get behind the strongest.
    Attack, disappear, and lead in my team.

Boss Tactic:
    Mages in back to buff and heal.
    Warriors for melee.
    Rogues to archery or diversion.
    I use poisons and skills to backstab the boss to death.

Going through it a 2nd time as a Mage.
    Would've probably been done by now if I wasn't playing 4 other games at the same time. :/

Overall: Awesome game.
    Love it. No quabbles or quips about it.

Favorite Class: Arcane Warrior.

Favorite Weapons: Daggers and Poisons.

Favorite Spell: Petrify.

Favorite Skill: The Tainted Blade + Momentum + poisons

Favorite Lore: books on Flemeth

Favorite Enemy: Ogre

For Ferelden?: Oh hecks yeah. Love the smell of wet dog.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Soshi Kitai For This Useful Post:

overload (Nov 21, 2009)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    Dragon Age has no level cap.. which I find to be a well worth idea.
    Yeah it does, Lv25, but that's a lot considering the pace the story goes. I'm 6 hours into the game and I'm only lv8.

This game really is amazing, the story is above par with other RPG titles that have come out in last little bit.

My only gripe with the game (I have the PC version), is that the targeting is a little difficult, and I would love for the ability to have the player controlled unit to auto select nearest enemy.

and IMHO, the graphics are better on the PC (Screenshot in spoiler is 1680x1050, Max graphics no Anti Aliasing), Character (girl in back ground) is my City Elf Warrior

click to show spoiler

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

overload (Nov 21, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Yeah it does, Lv25, but that's a lot considering the pace the story goes. I'm 6 hours into the game and I'm only lv8.

This game really is amazing, the story is above par with other RPG titles that have come out in last little bit.

My only gripe with the game (I have the PC version), is that the targeting is a little difficult, and I would love for the ability to have the player controlled unit to auto select nearest enemy.
    Well I have the PS3 version and the manual says there is no level cap.. but I think I should not read much into that..

Thanks Aceman.. and as for the targeting.. set your characters actions... it will help.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

What they mean by no cap is that its pretty hard to make it all the way to 25 with out cheating. If you do a normal play through and only do the story missions, you should be lv15 by the end of the game, if you do the whole story but all the side quests, you should be over lv20

http://dragonage.bioware.com/game/#2.01
    From Official Site

Dragon Age Origins has the most story and gameplay content in any of our games since Baldur's Gate 2. As with all BioWare games, the final level your character will reach will depend on how much of the story you choose to experience. If you only do the core story, what we call the critical path, you will be at a lower level than someone else who does the critical path and many of the option side quests in the game. We expect most players to be between level 15 and 20 at the end of the game.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i'm going through the game as a dark skinned, bald-headed, Dwarf Commoner Lady!

it's awesome, anything i cannot do, my team can! and being able to switch between team members adds loads of game play, as well as those few extra moments that are the difference between life and game over.

Haven't found my groove team yet, but i love Friend (my Mabari friend), Morrigan, Alistar and Shale! one time, Friend brought me a kid! like a live human child. . . he wanted to bring him along, but i said he's too young. . . it was a bit of a fight, but Friend knew it would dangerous for him.

My favorite spells for other people to use is the Golem Rock Throw (saved my a$$ so many times in the Fade), Heal, and Paralyze/Sleep/Stun spells! mostly cuz they me bash on people longer!

my gameplay style is to run in there and just hope i don't die. And after 3 or 4 tries, Soshi will say "Hey, maybe you should. . . you know, not run in there all stupid."

Favorite enemies? um. . . not sure if i have one? probably darkspawn, doing good with every blow you strike, i always say. Oh, and beating the tar out of mean people is always good!

Weapons? Axe. Hammer. Sword? all two handed, thank you.

Skill? i'm a pro at talking and cunning, but some more two handed techniques would be nice. would have liked to pursue herbalism, but Wynne and Morrigan already have that covered.

Class? am partial to Warriors, but Mages are far better in a tussle than i expected. Rouges are little twats. i hate them, they make me look stupid. oh, archers. . . UGH! ARCHERS! RAWR! !

+ Reply to Thread