+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

^o^ this game brought back so many Dragon Ball memories for me and Soshi!

Basically, it's a game for the Wii that has almost all the characters from DragonBall through Dragon Ball GT!!! From General Tao to Baby (Bebe? Babi? ... the big monkey thing from GT, yeah!)

Anyway, the controls are great! Lots of great combs that accomidate real skill and button mashing alike! You even get to shoot forward for big attacks like the Kamehameha attacks! It's so much fun! It even comes with 'What if..." scenarios! Like if Raditz lived through Piccolo's attack, but got amnesia! so cool!

It's for the Wii, which is hard to get, but if you're interested, it's a title you should really get! And get some extra Wii-motes and nunchucks! you'll certainly wants your friends to play!

p.s.: i know this is more "sensory pleasure" material, but i want all the Dragon Ball fans to know about this awesome game!!! feel free to move it, if need be!

Otaku DJjorgen may be famous one day DJjorgen may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

i have tenkaichi 1 for the ps2 and it was awesome
    however since i dont know how much part2 is improved
    from part1 i havent really considerd buying it
    perhaps you can convince me otherwise =D

thanks a mill Naruto1988 for the sig

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

OK! umm... hmmm...

well, it's the closest game to the actual show than any other game out there. Like, you can match up old enemies and close friends and beat the crap out of each other! And with the Wii's motion capability, it really makes you feel like you're the one fighting!

And all DragonBall stuff aside, it's an all out awesome fighting game! even if you knew nothing about DragonBall, it would be an asset in any game collection!

however, if you can't/don't want a Wii, i believe they have the game for the PS2... but i doubt it would be as fun as it is for the Wii!

Otaku DJjorgen may be famous one day DJjorgen may be famous one day
    Thanks

got a wii and a 360 so thats not the problem :P

just wondering whats there more compared to tenkaichi 1
    it already had the complete story line + movies lines and some extra's

i know part 2 has alot more chars but how many extra story chapters ?

thanks a mill Naruto1988 for the sig

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Moving to sensory pleasures.

Thanks

The story is from Dragon Ball through GT, including all the movies!

The stories are abridged, but the main stuff is there, along with some great fighting in between!

I'm not sure how it compares to the other Budokais, Soshi Kitai could answer that better... however, i do know that a lot of fighting game fans are getting into Dragon Ball/Z/GT becuz of the game... and many of whom hated Dragon Ball/Z/GT to begin with!

^_^ i also think the game is so popular since it's the only fighting game on the Wii!

Broly is crazy!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me just say this about the Wii controls for the game:
    Everyone who's played this has said "It takes a learning curve"...

For some, they believe it's so strange that it takes a long time.
    For others, they learn it as if they learned how to jog after walking: As if this is what it was meant to be like.

The controls in the game aren't too confusing with the Wii controllers. But if you're skeptical, use the GC controller... it makes it easier, but everyone (including me) believes the Wii controller and Nunchuck makes the game more enjoyable.

There's a few mistakes here and there (narrator and subtitles are sometimes off, some parts of the story had to be changed to accomodate the abridged version, there's a glitch for choosing Goku, etc), but you gotta' remember one thing: This is one of the first games for the Wii!

Sure, you can state that it's out for the PS2, but this was made to be the first step to "next-gen" gaming! They were a bit rushed in making this, so there's problems here and there...

...I mean, they have a heck of a lot characters and tons of actions to think about!

But they had to sacrifice some specialties and parts to fit the whole darn thing on the first try.

I mean, the intro isn't much (in my opinion), but I think it gives a good head start for the game entering the Next-Gen league.

The game loses a bunch of trump-card attacks that made Budokai known (Transforming Frieza into mecha-frieza when he gets killed, Majin Buu absorbing Tien and Yamcha, and other such quirky and "cheap" tricks aren't going to be in this)...
    But it allows fighter-game lovers get right into it!

Instead of the usual "Oh, I'm more powerful than you are-No, I'm more powerful than you are now"-gameplay that previous Budokai names went for, this one simplifies all their fighting so that you can get an edge no matter who you are or who you're against!
    Heck, the cheapest attack you have in the game is Hercule/Mr. Satan's bomb-present trick! (that one's a hard one to get around when rushing towards the enemy)

But basically, this game should be definitely known for:

1. Taking from the Classics:
    Old DB games that never hit this shore unless it was still in its original Japanese form had a few things that the new-er DB games didn't have. Their special comebacks and free-for-all fighting range made them amazing! Well, we don't have the Super-Smash-Bros.-esque fighting that Dragon Ball Z Legends had just yet, but you can count on a huge arena for fighting, running and hiding! You can expect to absorb blasts as an android and knock back blasts while teleporting for the next attack! No more rock-paper-scissors-gameplay here, now it takes skill to outfox your opponent!

2. Huge Character Choices:
    Spanning from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball GT isn't easy... you can't take every character that ever fought from those series into this... YET. But they're close! Mostly characters from Z will appear, and heavy-hitters from GT as well. The original Dragon Ball choice is a bit small, but at least it still has a few! But sometimes you put into question a few things... like small-time characters added for almost no reason (Vegeta's old "rival" Cui) and big characters that seem to have gone missing from the game (don't expect to find all your favorite GT bosses in here)... but all-in-all, over 120 characters is still quite a buffet!

3. Password Accepted! :
    Passwords weren't very popular for people who had DBZ games... sure, some used them, but let's just say that the PS2 and Xbox community wasn't exactly a "sharing community"... but if you've never entered a Nintendo community, expect to be surprised! The Wii community a heck of a lot more socially delightful and helpful than most other communities I've seen, and because of this, password-sharing is definitely a far way off from being lost! With the possibility of having your friend's Wii address, you can send them your best character's password for them to test themselves against! And with most Nintendo-players, there's never such a thing as a "dead game"... games aren't that easily forgotten or dropped by these players, so expect meeting people still playing this game when you decide to get back into it!

That's my input so far for this game.
    Hope you have fun.
    Trust me, you'll start to want to go back to buying some old DBZ movies or sagas once you start playing this game! I know I have.

Newbie robigon may be famous one day robigon may be famous one day robigon's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive got dbz:bt2 on the ps2 if you post your character codes i would like to ves you

+ Reply to Thread