+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dragonball z the movie

Newbie brianc266 is off to a good start
    Thanks

DBZ real movie

This is a thread dedicated to the real time DBZ movie and your opinion, this is the latest news on it, curtesy of DBZ Saiyan Chronicles - 6 years satisfying your DBZ needs!

The live action DBZ movie is still a go and is set to begin shooting in Montreal sometime in mid 2008, with a budget of around $100 million. It's being produced by 20th Century Fox as previously reported.

Goku: BRENDAN FRASIER!!!!!!!(the mummy.............)
    Directer: James Wong (x-files,kung fu hustle............)

The 20th Century Fox studio is expected to shoot three big-budget movies in Montreal over the next year; each has a budget of at least $100 million. The films are the Night at the Museum sequel Another Night, Independence Day director Roland Emmerich's remake of the sci-fi flick Fantastic Voyage and a big-screen adaptation of the Japanese manga Dragonball Z.

Dragonball Z is adapted from the manga created by Akira Toriyama; the work was also turned into a Japanese anime series that played all over the world. It tells the story of an alien sent to destroy Earth, who has a change of heart and decides to join the humans in their fight against various aliens and bad guys.

There are no details yet as to when these three shoots will begin, but they are expected to wrap production by next July.

My orginial opinion was it was going to be a disaster until i heard the director and who is playing goku, now i cant honestly wait till it comes out.
    Now i want to hear your opinion.
    Last edited by brianc266; Nov 13, 2007 at 02:47 PM.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

dragonball z the movie

Fox has been sitting on the rights to a live-action DRAGONBALL Z feature for years now, but apparently they've finally saved up enough to budget for all the required styling product and computer-rendered speed lines.

James Wong (FINAL DESTINATION) is directing the flick, based on the the seemingly endless animated Japanese import about fighters with oversized heads, exaggerated physiques and dangerously sharp hair as they train their outlandish martial arts skills and energetically beat the crap out of evil opponents as the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Wong also wrote the script, as far as that might be necessary.

Justin Chatwin (Tom Cruise's annoying son in WAR OF THE WORLDS) plays the hero Goku, while James Marsters (best known as vampire Spike from TV's BUFFY and ANGEL) will be the villain Piccolo. Shooting begins later this month, with stunt performers/trainers 87Eleven (THE BOURNE SUPREMACY, 300) assisting with the ludicrous punches. The film's release is planned for August 2008.

Hong Kong superstar Stephen Chow (KUNG FU HUSTLE) is producing, which is pretty much the only thing about the whole project that interests me.

Source: Variety

what the hell??!!!
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DBZ real movie

wow...never thought they'd actually do that. But im not so sure it will be a good turn out though. It seems spectacule to me as of right now

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: dragonball z the movie

^o^ OMG!

either way, it is going to be the greatest thing ever! whether it be the greatest bad thing, or the greatest good, it will be great!

anyways, they seem to have a solid backing and support, so hopefully THAT part of the movie will be good... as for the actors... War of the Worlds and Buffy, huh? that's the best they could do? ah well, best of luck to them!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

something tells me that this will be bad. i've already a "version" of it, boy is it bad.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    Fox has been sitting on the rights to a live-action DRAGONBALL Z feature for years now, but apparently they've finally saved up enough to budget for all the required styling product and computer-rendered speed lines.

James Wong (FINAL DESTINATION) is directing the flick, based on the the seemingly endless animated Japanese import about fighters with oversized heads, exaggerated physiques and dangerously sharp hair as they train their outlandish martial arts skills and energetically beat the crap out of evil opponents as the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Wong also wrote the script, as far as that might be necessary.

Justin Chatwin (Tom Cruise's annoying son in WAR OF THE WORLDS) plays the hero Goku, while James Marsters (best known as vampire Spike from TV's BUFFY and ANGEL) will be the villain Piccolo. Shooting begins later this month, with stunt performers/trainers 87Eleven (THE BOURNE SUPREMACY, 300) assisting with the ludicrous punches. The film's release is planned for August 2008.

Hong Kong superstar Stephen Chow (KUNG FU HUSTLE) is producing, which is pretty much the only thing about the whole project that interests me.

Source: Variety

what the hell??!!!
    well all said and done, but I read somewhere else that Goku will actually be played by
    Brendon Fraiser, from the mummy and mummy returns.
    so if that is the case, I might or might not go and see it. only time will tell.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    well all said and done, but I read somewhere else that Goku will actually be played by
    Brendon Fraiser, from the mummy and mummy returns.
    so if that is the case, I might or might not go and see it. only time will tell.
    Thats what I heard. Either way I dont see this movie being a good turn out, theres to much in the DBZ anime for them to show in live film. Does anyone know what there budget is?

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

ive heard a long time ago it was a huge ammount, which they would need to make it any good.

but then again i heard they wanted freeza to be played by vin deisel

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast