+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DragonLance Vs. Forgotten Realms???

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

DragonLance Vs. Forgotten Realms???

Okay I know that also everyone here reads books, which is a good thing. Between DragonLance and Forgotten Realms, which do you think has the better stories? Also, who is your favorite Author and what did he/she write?

OH...and just for fun...if the the companies ever had to do a crossover, which side do you think would win?? Granted the worlds are different but I'm talking about their characters only with their abilities.

For me I would have to say both are good but I would have to lean toward Forgotten Realms Novels. I think that my favorite triology would have to be Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar by Thomas Reid. I recommend it for everyone.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DragonLance Vs. Forgotten Realms???

Dude, Forgotten Realms all the way!!! Although I'll admit that I've only read 2 Dragonlance novels. RA Salvatore is my fav. writer, period, not jus' in the Forgotten Realms either. He's best known for his character Drizzt Do'Urden, he's written the Icewind Dale Trilogy, Dark Elf Trilogy, Legacy of the Drow, etc. And I jus' ordered his latest novel, The Orc King, on-line and am gonna get it soon! I very excited right now. I love his writin' style, especially the way he describes the combat scenes. It's almost like he's paintin' them wit his words.

I dunno 'bout crossovers, though, it jus' seems like it would b way too complicated ta do such a thing.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Dude, Forgotten Realms all the way!!! Although I'll admit that I've only read 2 Dragonlance novels. RA Salvatore is my fav. writer, period, not jus' in the Forgotten Realms either. He's best known for his character Drizzt Do'Urden, he's written the Icewind Dale Trilogy, Dark Elf Trilogy, Legacy of the Drow, etc. And I jus' ordered his latest novel, The Orc King, on-line and am gonna get it soon! I very excited right now. I love his writin' style, especially the way he describes the combat scenes. It's almost like he's paintin' them wit his words.

I dunno 'bout crossovers, though, it jus' seems like it would b way too complicated ta do such a thing.
    Yes, you are right about Drizzt. He has all the right moves and abilities but I just wish he was the cool blooded killer that his family wanted him to be. The Novels are really good!!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Forgotten Realms and R.A. Salvatore all the way.
    Drizzt is the bomb (so is Entreri). i have read every book in the legend of Drizzt multiple times and still love reading them over and over agian. i got the orc king the day it was put on shelves and finished it twice by the next day.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread