+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dune

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Dune

Dune has been around for longer than I've been alive. It started out as novels, then the son "Brian Herbert" continued it with preludes and it spanned out into more novels, and even movies and computer games.

Does anyone have an interest with this? If you're interested in reading the stuff the first novel out of the preludes is called "Dune: House Atredies". Its really interesting, especially for the sci-fi fans.

The Official Dune Novel Website
    Last edited by Ritoru-chan; May 23, 2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Decided to add a link
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dune

i got into Dune via the games. I just thought the plotline was more interesting than others. Then i found out there were books about it. So i went out and read the original dune book. Must say that I loved it and i went on to read the preludes i.e. the Houses of Atreides, Harkonnen and Corrino. Those three books were just like set prior to the actual Dune novel. Then I found out there were more preludes such as the Butlerian Jihad, Machine Crusade and The Battle of Corrino. It tied so much up in the history sense because the books just manage to fit in so well. I find it kinda funny since so much stuff is happening round Dune and yet the planet itself never changes. The sand, spice and worms are still there. I haven't had time to go and find the novels set after Dune.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

DUNE!! I was majorly obsessed with Dune back at the end of 8th grade... I saw the old movie, the Sci-Fi series, and the Sci-Fi series for Children of Dune. I don't think I ever read any of the prequels, but I read Dune through Heretics of Dune of the ones set afterward... I just thought the whole concept was so interesting ^^ And one of my friends loaned all the books, so he'd just keep on lending them to me, so it was convienent xD keke
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

hell yeah...i love dune. i've been into dune since i was a kid and i still love it.
    Paul Atreides, yeah.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD's Avatar
    Thanks

I luv the movies. The original is one of my favorite movies ever made. I've always wanted to read the books, but I have never had the time to read them.

My Blog - It's Not Your Space - ym/aim: RaiserOfGales msn: RaiserOfGales @ hotmail.com

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

strangely...the last dune novel, the chapterhouse has a lot plot holes. but i do believe that there will be an upcoming novel of dune.

btw, which character do you like?
    i'll pick leto atreides 2 because he's a giant worm and the god emperor of dune.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread