+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition

Reading more about the Monster Manual i realized that a lot of new monsters are named un-creatively, but that's just an opinion. The usual D&D monsters are still there namely the dragons, beholder, mind flayer, and other notable ones.

And oh, Orcus is included in the Manual....Yes he is.

During 3rd edition, the PHB introduced a lot of deities in their pantheon, some of them are familiar D&D personalities like Vecna and St. Cuthbert. These guys had artifacts named after them too like the infamous Hand and Eye of Vecna and the Mace of Cuthbert even before 3rd ed came out. History repeats itself but this time the reference material is a magical item, remember the Ioun Stones? A new deity named Ioun is introduced in 4th edition.

...Still not reading too much about the other three books tho.

EDIT: I don't really want to talk too much about the "new and the tweaked" rules here, it might end up being spoiler-ish. But if you have questions regarding the rules i'll try to provide answers.
    Last edited by Hantei16; Aug 07, 2008 at 09:03 AM.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

the biggest thing i've seen as a change from the 1-3.5 gen to the 4th is that halflings now stand at a reasonable hieght. They are now 4-4.5 feet tall, making them finnaly taller than the kindergardeners in elementary school

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, one day I was at a Hobby shop, buying my new Warhammer 40K army (Chaos Daemons) and I saw some friends playing DnD, I initially thought it was 3.5 because I heard ill things about 4th edition. Turns out they were playing 4th Edition and totally slightly new to the game, their DM only had minor experience. I decide to join.

After playing 4th, I rather stick to 3.5. In 4th I hate the whole total "Square basis". It ruins breathe attacks and cone attacks, along with blasts. I dislike how they got rid of the Sorcerer class (Despite how Warlock is pretty much like it, still Sorcerer to me just PWNS; names are a lot to me x.X'). However, I like a few things added to the spells (I'm a omega magick user). As in certain spells can be used as many times as needed. Also the added "High Elves" (I forgot what they were called in the handbook) I like that, lawl.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I don't plan on changing over to 4th edition anytime soon. Still having fun with 3rd edition, I guess.

Then again, I've read some interesting stuff about 4th edition, especially about the races. Something about "Paragon Paths". I need to get me a 4th ed. PHB(Player's Handbook) and check it all out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2