+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emotions for/like a character...

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Emotions for/like a character...

I know this might seem weird to some but...
    Have you ever been watching anime, a movie, or even reading & got this strange feeling like you could feel the character's pain, but not only that you would wish that you was there with them just to help them get through whatever it may be.?. Sometimes you might just want to be there cause the character(s) are having a good time or not...

If so, do you remember what anime/movie/book it was & how you felt at the time & what situation the character(s) was going through.?. And why do you think you felt like whatever you was feeling (your life or situation could play a role in this)...

I'll give an example:
    In Bleach where Orihime left to Hueco Mundo & got to say her one goodbye & she chose Ichigo... She was trying to tell him how she felt about him (while he was incapacitated), but really couldn't...

I was feeling down-hearted, but yet upset cause who all can remember that one person you felt so deeply about , but never said anything cause basically you was thinking for them or either you was afraid...

I just wanted to be her guardian angel/conscience or even a friend only she could see... First of all to tell her she didn't have to go, but if she did tell her not to leave anything behind cause that could leave room full of regrets...

Probably not the best example, but hopefully you all get the picture...

I have other examples so to speak, but I want to hear/read others' dilemma...

I hope this is in the right forum section cause I had it in cyber lounge, but moved it here cause I thought that we was going to talk about anime/movies/books etc... Please don't penalize me mods' if I'm wrong ^_^ ...

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Emotions for/like a character...

i know what you are talking about, feeling a person pain as well, this happen to me when i was watching the movie "grave of the firefly" i could feel the brother loss for his little sister, i feel bad for the guy because his little sister died first then he died a few days laer or somthing but i lnow that they both died

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    If so, do you remember what anime/movie/book it was & how you felt at the time & what situation the character(s) was going through.?. And why do you think you felt like whatever you was feeling (your life or situation could play a role in this)...

Sometimes I'm so involved in a story that I forget that I'm me! I walk by a mirror and go, "Ah! Who is that?!" It doesn't matter what book/movie/TV show . . . I always get too attached.

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes...I've gotten into some series before and the first to do so was Ranma 1/2. I wanted to see them finally get together. Along with all the other characters. I get addicted to all types of series and I think that's what keeps me watching anime. Most people don't like it but who cares.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

yes ... i've felt that way too myself ... like an example when i was watching Full Metal Alchemist when "Maes Hughes" died i felt very very sad and upset inside ... it might sound strange but it happened . i think that happens when someone builds bonds with a character that he really likes (to me was Maes Hughes)
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup me too. I do feel something when a character is injured or killed,but I have come to live with the fact that we are not cold hearted and the creators can play with our heart strings.

the one that I am talking about is in the Harry Potter books, like in the final one. because you have been with the characters for what feels like years, I was mortified when Fred was killed.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, thats just a characteristic I have. If something embarrasing happens to a character, I feel embarrased. I doesn't work with anger for some reason, but things like a feeling of acomplishment, will make me feel proud as well. I guess I'm just happy for that character. If I can feel some sort of emotions from watching an anime, it usually means that it's good.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

If actors make you feel their pain through their performance then I would say they're good actors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast