+ Reply to Thread

Thread: equilibrium

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

equilibrium

Has anyone seen this movie besides me?
    from my own opinion, this movie is really good. Considering I've seen this 10 times already.

Equilibrium is a 2002 action/science fiction film written and directed by Kurt Wimmer. Christian Bale has the lead role in the film and is supported by Taye Diggs, Angus Macfadyen, Sean Pertwee, Emily Watson, David Hemmings, and Sean Bean.

Although it was received well by test audiences, the film was given only a limited release and little promotion; the movie performed poorly at the box office.It was also received very poorly by critics. On MetaCritic the average rating is a mere 33 out of 100 (Screw the critics!!!). However, it has scored 7.7 out of 10 on the Internet Movie Database (based on viewer voting) and over the years has gained a devoted cult following.

Synopsis:

Following an apocalyptic Third World War, the strict government of the dystopian city-state Libria has eliminated war by suppressing all human emotion. In the monochromatic and sedated society, artifacts from the old world (works of art and music that may evoke some emotion) are destroyed and the population is required to take sedatives. Grammaton Cleric Preston (Bale), a man trained to locate and arrest those guilty of feeling emotions, finds himself abandoning the drug and experiencing outlawed feelings. As he struggles to conceal his feelings from his superiors, colleagues, and family, Preston finds himself drawn into a sinister world of double-crossings and lies, and becomes an unwitting pawn in a sophisticated plot which ultimately changes the repressed society forever.

Here's an example...
    click here.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: equilibrium

It's a very funky take on the 1984 concept. Gotta love action like that. Having Bale in the lead doesn't hurt either of course.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    It's a very funky take on the 1984 concept. Gotta love action like that. Having Bale in the lead doesn't hurt either of course.
    bale was the bomb in equilibrium and he's like dante from devil may cry. man being a grammaton cleric kick ass!
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I really like this movie, My brother has it on DVD and someday I want to get it too. The concept of living a fake life where no emotion can be shown is interesting but of course there has to be a flaw and when it got the end, it was cool. The action scenes where very well made and Bale didn't do bad as the main character but kind of shined.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie Princesa115 may be famous one day Princesa115 may be famous one day Princesa115's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like that movie at all I thought that it was kind of corney!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Princesa115 View Post
    I don't like that movie at all I thought that it was kind of corney!!
    ...because?
    Give reasons to back up your opinions people.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

well you cant blame the fact that this movie did bad. There were only a limited amount of ads running and publicity for it, even tho the test audiences loved it. i got to say that the basic idea of the movie has been done (WWIII) but this was a new take on it that was enjoyable (NO EMOTIONS? WHYYYY *cries*....oh SHI..ZT!) and the drug names? LAME!Prozium = Prozac.... and the name of the place (Libria)....kinda Ironic (No Emotions = Libria like Liberty....get it?) Most intense scene was Dupoin vs Preston (the area where they fighted made me think of Matrix 2...) and the Gun Kata was som ish i wanted to learn! if you love this movie, get the mod for Max Payne 2 and play as the main character (Preston) and do Gun KAta moves (SICK!) overall, its a movie i would watch a couple times...no more

overall = 7.5/10 - 8/10

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

+ Reply to Thread