Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eragon

Newbie Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic's Avatar
    Thanks

Eragon

Did anybody watch the movie? Do you want to have Eldest and Empire to be made into movies? Did you read the books? Who was your favorite character?

I watched the movie, and I loved it! They took alot of parts out from the book, but it was still good. I hope they make Eldest into a movie, and same with Empire when it comes out. My fav. character is Eragon, Arya (lol, sp?) Saphira, Brom, and Motagh. Tell me what you think...
    By Heartless_mage

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Eragon

I heard that those who read the book hated the movie. And that those who have not read the book, loved the motion picture.

It makes sense, either way. Movies always leave out loads of detail. If not, it'd be hours until a movie really accomplished all of a book.

Newbie Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic's Avatar
    Thanks

I was actually amazed that they left out soo much. It kinda ticked me off. I hope the next movie isnt like that, but more description...
    By Heartless_mage

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I watched the movie and I really didn't like it, it was too banal, too easy to guess what happens next (well, if I could guess that the dragon is alive in the end...), too short (when I started to like it a little it ended) too childish, too alike Lord of the Rings and it made me cry only in one place and the same time only for a minute. I bet the book was better for the idea is wonderful, dragon riders.... great!!! I love dragons!!!
    My favourite was Murtagh, waited for him to join in all the movie (sad I saw him fighting only for a little bit... and I agian I knew he will be freinds with Eragon all the time...)

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

No i haven't seen it yet tho i have herd alot of bad things about it like it dident follow the book at all and all around crap but thats what i herd haven't see it so i can not say if i liked it or not.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I watched the movie and I really didn't like it, it was too banal, too easy to guess what happens next (well, if I could guess that the dragon is alive in the end...), too short (when I started to like it a little it ended) too childish, too alike Lord of the Rings and it made me cry only in one place and the same time only for a minute. I bet the book was better for the idea is wonderful, dragon riders.... great!!! I love dragons!!!
    My favourite was Murtagh, waited for him to join in all the movie (sad I saw him fighting only for a little bit... and I agian I knew he will be freinds with Eragon all the time...)
    Ya I know what you mean. lol, the dragon is the main character; other than Eragon, so they have to live, or the Movie is done. It is way better than the movie. Heres a spoiler: Murtagh "dies" and gets a dragon, and joins forces with the king. And Eragon and him share something....

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    No i haven't seen it yet tho i have herd alot of bad things about it like it dident follow the book at all and all around crap but thats what i herd haven't see it so i can not say if i liked it or not.
    Like I said, it really is only the summery. The book has ALOT more description, the take out alot of important parts, and in Eldest, (if they make the movie) they better not take out alot of parts...
    Last edited by Aqua chic; May 06, 2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Multi talking
    By Heartless_mage

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I heard that those who read the book hated the movie. And that those who have not read the book, loved the motion picture.

It makes sense, either way. Movies always leave out loads of detail. If not, it'd be hours until a movie really accomplished all of a book.
    SOOOOOOOOOO TRUE, the movie was all filler, all coversations, and like the only good scene was the fight between the two dragons, and even then the CGI (computer generated images) were ok at best. the book gave the imagnation fuel to feed off of. and like White said, many movies ruin a good book. :/

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I was really unimpressed with the movie. The previews and trailers for it looked so promising but after seeing it I really didn't like it. The beginning was too drawn out and cliche, but when the dragon started to talk to Eragon through her and his thoughts I drew the line.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast