Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 28

Thread: Eragon

  1. #1
    Newbie Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Far away from you.
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Eragon


    Did anybody watch the movie? Do you want to have Eldest and Empire to be made into movies? Did you read the books? Who was your favorite character?

    I watched the movie, and I loved it! They took alot of parts out from the book, but it was still good. I hope they make Eldest into a movie, and same with Empire when it comes out. My fav. character is Eragon, Arya (lol, sp?) Saphira, Brom, and Motagh. Tell me what you think...
    By Heartless_mage

  2. #2
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Eragon

    I heard that those who read the book hated the movie. And that those who have not read the book, loved the motion picture.

    It makes sense, either way. Movies always leave out loads of detail. If not, it'd be hours until a movie really accomplished all of a book.

  3. #3
    Newbie Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Far away from you.
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Eragon

    I was actually amazed that they left out soo much. It kinda ticked me off. I hope the next movie isnt like that, but more description...
    By Heartless_mage

  4. #4
    Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a Demon's Arms
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Eragon

    I watched the movie and I really didn't like it, it was too banal, too easy to guess what happens next (well, if I could guess that the dragon is alive in the end...), too short (when I started to like it a little it ended) too childish, too alike Lord of the Rings and it made me cry only in one place and the same time only for a minute. I bet the book was better for the idea is wonderful, dragon riders.... great!!! I love dragons!!!
    My favourite was Murtagh, waited for him to join in all the movie (sad I saw him fighting only for a little bit... and I agian I knew he will be freinds with Eragon all the time...)

    My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

  5. #5
    ??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Eragon

    No i haven't seen it yet tho i have herd alot of bad things about it like it dident follow the book at all and all around crap but thats what i herd haven't see it so i can not say if i liked it or not.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

  6. #6
    Newbie Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Far away from you.
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Eragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I watched the movie and I really didn't like it, it was too banal, too easy to guess what happens next (well, if I could guess that the dragon is alive in the end...), too short (when I started to like it a little it ended) too childish, too alike Lord of the Rings and it made me cry only in one place and the same time only for a minute. I bet the book was better for the idea is wonderful, dragon riders.... great!!! I love dragons!!!
    My favourite was Murtagh, waited for him to join in all the movie (sad I saw him fighting only for a little bit... and I agian I knew he will be freinds with Eragon all the time...)
    Ya I know what you mean. lol, the dragon is the main character; other than Eragon, so they have to live, or the Movie is done. It is way better than the movie. Heres a spoiler: Murtagh "dies" and gets a dragon, and joins forces with the king. And Eragon and him share something....

    Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    No i haven't seen it yet tho i have herd alot of bad things about it like it dident follow the book at all and all around crap but thats what i herd haven't see it so i can not say if i liked it or not.
    Like I said, it really is only the summery. The book has ALOT more description, the take out alot of important parts, and in Eldest, (if they make the movie) they better not take out alot of parts...
    Last edited by Aqua chic; May 06, 2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Multi talking
    By Heartless_mage

  7. #7
    Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Eragon

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I heard that those who read the book hated the movie. And that those who have not read the book, loved the motion picture.

    It makes sense, either way. Movies always leave out loads of detail. If not, it'd be hours until a movie really accomplished all of a book.
    SOOOOOOOOOO TRUE, the movie was all filler, all coversations, and like the only good scene was the fight between the two dragons, and even then the CGI (computer generated images) were ok at best. the book gave the imagnation fuel to feed off of. and like White said, many movies ruin a good book. :/

    Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

  8. #8
    Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Eragon

    I was really unimpressed with the movie. The previews and trailers for it looked so promising but after seeing it I really didn't like it. The beginning was too drawn out and cliche, but when the dragon started to talk to Eragon through her and his thoughts I drew the line.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eragon movie is a joke.
    By Exoparadapsyphobia in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jan 08, 2007, 09:37 PM
  2. Eragon
    By dragonman in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec 02, 2006, 11:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts