+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eragon movie is a joke.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Eragon movie is a joke.

I just got back from seeing the Eragon movie and it was terrible. I'm glad I snuck in there for free becuase this movie is deffinetely not worth your time or money. The actors, oh the actors, they are terrible and do not fit their parts at all. I actually laughed when I saw that the leader of the Varden was played by Maximus's black fellow slave/gladiator friend in The Gladiator. They couldn't of found a worse person to the play the part (along with all the other actors!). The movie does not follow the book at all, other than than that Saphira is blue, that's about the only nod they make towards the book, otherwise they just do their own thing the whole movie.

For God's sake the the person who plays Arya the elf's ears aren't even pointed, WTF? And the battle that occurs near the end of the first book only last for about 60 seconds in the movie, and does not follow the book at all. It looks more like a small skirmish between 60 guys than an actual huge battle.

All in all this movie is terrible, don't waste your time or money going to see it if you've read the books. Several times during the movie I thought of just leaving the theatre, but my mom wouldn't let me lol.

Also if you have seen this movie and thought it sucked as much as I did, please feel free to share your hatred towards this rubbish.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Dec 17, 2006 at 06:14 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Eragon movie is a joke.

I have to say I have read the book, the first one that is~

Was it that bad?

I was going to go see it.

Well my Big twin brothers don't want to see it either, if they put no effort into this movie, as they did the book. I don't think I'll watch.

I'll go see ho the teenage credits rated it ~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, it was that bad. By far the worst book-to-movie I have ever laid eyes on. If you're curious as to how bad it sucked to see it, I suggest finding a way into the theatre for free. People actually started booing at the end of the movie becuase of how crappy it was (I was one of them).
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't read any of the books, but I saw that they were written by a 19 year old guy. Now, not that I am one to judge people by age, but I don't really see a 19 year making the best possible work out there, and I wouldn't expect any movie to be that great either. Not wanting to be prejudiced though.....

Plus, I tend to doubt a movie's credibility when the video game previews come out before the movie previews. Kinda lets you know that the people involved are trying for a money grab.

Plus Plus (hehe), fantasy movies are often hit or miss. With action movies, they can be okay if the action is pretty decent (a no brains blow-em-up movie).....just somethign to dull the brain while you watch it.
    However, with fantasy, it has to have a compelling story because fantasy relies solely on storyline, otherwise it wouldn't be fantasy. So if the story sucks, then the movie sucks, no matter how much action and special effects are thrown in there.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Dur just a attept to bring back the Genre of Lord of the rings which was flipping amazing but...sadly eragon was pretty much a waste of my time but...i was with my gf so i didnt really watch the movie that much XD i wub you candice <3
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Kind figured that this movie might be a flop..compared to the books

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    I haven't read any of the books, but I saw that they were written by a 19 year old guy. Now, not that I am one to judge people by age, but I don't really see a 19 year making the best possible work out there, and I wouldn't expect any movie to be that great either. Not wanting to be prejudiced though.....
    I had that feeling too. Reading the books right now ( read the first onto the second) if you judge it by writing style and such it's nothing to good. I would have to say the story he has is great though ( obviously if I'm still reading it).
    Being his first book, first kind of experiance into writing of course it's not going to be all great.

I kinda wish that he had waiting until he was older/ had more experiance before writing this, with that experiance it would have been an even greater book to read.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    I just got back from seeing the Eragon movie and it was terrible. I'm glad I snuck in there for free becuase this movie is deffinetely not worth your time or money. The actors, oh the actors, they are terrible and do not fit their parts at all. I actually laughed when I saw that the leader of the Varden was played by, not by Morphius, but from the other black guy who was always sitting infront of the computer during the second Matrix movie. They couldn't of found a worse person to the play the part (along with all the other actors!). The movie does not follow the book at all, other than than that Saphira is blue, that's about the only nod they make towards the book, otherwise they just do their own thing the whole movie.

For God's sake the the person who plays Arya the elf's ears aren't even pointed, WTF? And the battle that occurs near the end of the first book only last for about 60 seconds in the movie, and does not follow the book at all. It looks more like a small skirmish between 60 guys than an actual huge battle.

All in all this movie is terrible, don't waste your time or money going to see it if you've read the books. Several times during the movie I thought of just leaving the theatre, but my mom wouldn't let me lol.

Also if you have seen this movie and thought it sucked as much as I did, please feel free to share your hatred towards this rubbish.
    honestly i'm not surprised, the previews didn't look good at all (and they are meant to be the best part of the movie put together) soo goin along those i would be surprised if the movie was goin to be good. also some of the acting in the previews where really bad, i mean i'm not a person who can really say what is good acting or what is bad... but i had to admit it was bad.

well at least i know 4 sure now not to go and watch it....

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh my golly! O_O

Here I was trying my best to finish the book so that I can finally let myself see the movie only to find out that it sucks?! How can they do that to such a beautiful fantasy book?! Why do movies always have to do this to the fantasy books? Anyways, although I know I'm not going to be able to see the movie anymore due to some diffficulties, still, I want to see the movie, despite the unpleasant reviews. These kind of reviews just make me more curious. It's just that feeling that - I can't have any conclusion until I see it for myself...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast