+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eragon movie is a joke.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Eragon movie is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    1. If they've read the book, they HATED the movie.
    2. If they haven't read the book, they LOVED the movie.
    The same could be said of pretty much all Book to Movie adaptations, including James Bond, LoTR, Harry Potter, etc.

There will always be extra content or certain details that were left out of the movie because they couldn't be done or because the movie would have run too long for movie makers to afford and people to bear.

For example, LoTR trilogy runs just under 11 hours long. If you bought the special DvD collection then watching the extended versions will bring you to about 16-17 hours. Now watching the extra features that involve the LoTR book and concepts(not adding the "other" features) along with this would bring you to over 35 hours. I think you see where I'm going with this.
    Last edited by False Truth; Dec 24, 2006 at 01:43 AM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie Hades may be famous one day Hades may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well I have not seen the movie but am going to see it this friday but through the trailers and the previews, it pretty much seems to suck. And what you said makes me not want to see it. But I guess I'll see anything if its free. The books were really good. In the posters, why does Eragon not look downstruck and poor. According to me, he looks like a squire in the posters.

Otaku kimchi24 may be famous one day kimchi24 may be famous one day
    Thanks

dammm mannn u lucky i had to pay fr dat >< eragon was the worst movie ever since.... Fog. now that is a horrible ass movie. now if i was to sneak in.. that would actaully make me more pissed cuz i wased time. time is valuble when u .... nahh not yet. time isnt valuble until ur like ... 70 years old CHEAYHHH TO 70 YEAR OLDS....NO

I praise the one who is able to win it all and still live for it...[/CENTER

Newbie Xephur may be famous one day Xephur may be famous one day Xephur's Avatar
    Thanks

Eragon?!! Pssh piece of crap! That movie was a fake decoy of lord of the rings

"All art is born of suffering"

Newbie rahori may be famous one day rahori may be famous one day rahori's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the movie really that bad. The previews of the movie look good though. Well thanks for the info, I think i'll just stick to reading the book now.

Newbie milh_amethyz may be famous one day milh_amethyz may be famous one day milh_amethyz's Avatar
    Thanks

i've never seen the movie and read the book.
    i think i'll just wait for it to come out on cable so that i wan't waste money or anything for watching it.
    but i guest i'll just get bored on watching it on tv and try to change channel.

F o c u s i n g O n W a h t ' s I m p o r t a n t

C l e v e r l y S e e i n g T h r o u g h W h a t e v e r I s A h e a d O f M e

Otaku LouisaDeztini may be famous one day LouisaDeztini may be famous one day
    Thanks

I didn't even bother to watch the movie. If I fell asleep halfway through the book, wait, in fact, it was about 50 pages into the book, why the hell would I want to read a book that has such a lousy storyline?! He was only 19 when he wrote the book, and it was like leeching the same storyline and basics from Lord Of The Rings. Long and tedious the language used in LOTR may be, I would rather read that than put myself through pure torture by reading a book that has used a worn story basic that has been used and failed countless of times.

Otaku tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree the movie was so rubbish and i bet most of the people who went to see it didnt even read the book which they should cus it is amazing and the film didnt do it justice. there was alot of things i noticed that eragon isnt meant to find out til eldest.

thank you equinn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast