+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

I finally managed to catch this move on HBO a few weeks back during channel surfing, and I got to say it was a pretty interesting movie. I wanted to see it when it first came out, but it wasn't a "theater" movie (I only go to theaters to see action movies) so I passed on it.

For those of you who do not know about the movie, it stars Jim Carrey and that lady from The Titanic. Corresponding to the title of the movie, Carrey was a person who was in depression after separating with his girlfriend. As a result he went to a doctor that specialized in erasing memory. As Carrey went through the procedure and revisiting all the old memories, he decided he didn't want to have them erased after all...

A pretty "whoa..." movie, and probably a hit or miss with most folks. Just wanted to see if anyone else saw the movie and what they thought...also I never got to see the end, so if anyone can tell me that would be great.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Eternal Sunshine On the Spotless Mind

Jesus, I loved this film. The Titanic lady was Kate Winslet. It was one of the few Carey films next to the Truman Show that I actually respected him for. The whole premise of erasing your memory was very appealing at the time as I was having some issues and was an emo f**k. But in retrospect it was a brilliant piece of work. I even dug this up a couple years ago and watched to get some fresh perspective on my skewed memory. I especially remember the twist with Kirsten Dunst's character and the Doctor being poignant as hell. Not to mention the brilliant scenes of Carey running away from the erasers through his memory.

As for the ending, shame on you man, go rent it. Its worth it to finish. Hell, you should watch it a couple times, purely to gain even more understanding and insight into the motives and flaws of the characters. If memory serves correctly the soundtrack wasn't too shabby either.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    Jesus, I loved this film. The Titanic lady was Kate Winslet. It was one of the few Carey films next to the Truman Show that I actually respected him for. The whole premise of erasing your memory was very appealing at the time as I was having some issues and was an emo f**k. But in retrospect it was a brilliant piece of work. I even dug this up a couple years ago and watched to get some fresh perspective on my skewed memory. I especially remember the twist with Kirsten Dunst's character and the Doctor being poignant as hell. Not to mention the brilliant scenes of Carey running away from the erasers through his memory.

As for the ending, shame on you man, go rent it. Its worth it to finish. Hell, you should watch it a couple times, purely to gain even more understanding and insight into the motives and flaws of the characters. If memory serves correctly the soundtrack wasn't too shabby either.
    Yeah, I was pretty surprised when my roommate told me it was her. I was like, "Hey, check out this red head she's kinda hot" and he said dude she's the lady from Titanic... But I agree man, not only is the movie good in my opinion, but allowing the audience to think hmm what memories of mine would I like to erase...? is pretty cool since everyone has parts of their life they wanna forget. Ignorance is bliss.

The doctor x Dunst thing didn't go that well with me, because I was first caught with surprised, then I thought that's sick. I got to say I don't remember much music in the movie, are you sure the soundtrack is worth getting?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

whoa, WTF was I thinking? The Polyphonic f**king Spree?! o_O;; *just looked up tracklist*

yeah, uh ixnay on the oundtracksay.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

One of my favorite films... and one of the only ones that I will actually dump someone for not liking :P Seriously... I had this amazing friendship with a Japanese exchange student at my university and we went to see this together: he hated it. Three years later he confessed love to me in a restaurant in Osaka, halfway around the world. It had all the makings of destiny and he's an up-and-coming sports journalist with a fabulous job.

Then I remembered he hated ESotSP. I backed out in a week O-o;

How can ANYONE on remotely the same wavelength as me romantically NOT love this film?! The mind boggles.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The whole premise of erasing your memory was very appealing at the time as I was having some issues and was an emo f**k.
    Pics of your emo hair plz.

I saw the film a while ago, (probably somewhere last year or at the start of 2007). Wasn't bad. I couldn't really see any benefits to having specific memories erased though. Of course Carrey's character tried to reverse it again but it just sounds stupid to even consider such a procedure.

Maybe I'm not romantic enough to get into it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Pics of your emo hair plz.
    something like this:

I totally used more eyeliner than this chick though

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

something like this:

I totally used more eyeliner than this chick though
    !!

REAL PICS of you NAO! For the good of all that's funny and bloody!
    Were you covered with piercings as well?

But dumping someone for not liking this film, that's extreme man.
    Corrected the title btw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast