+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The fanboys demand a Rikku video game

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The fanboys demand a Rikku video game

Quote Originally Posted by sazza2488 View Post
    You know that would be cool but I wasn't a big fan of FFX at all.

Since the voice overs joined into the FF it seemed terrible in my opinion.

I thought FFVII was good but the Dirge Of Ceberus was a terrible game overall. I expected more from it. Such a major disappointment for me.

But all in all Rikku would be cool to have his own game :]
    I think you're confusing Riku from Kingdom Hearts with Rikku from Final Fantasy 10. Voice overs aren't too big of a deal, because people seem to forget the option to remove voices in the menu, and the well known mute button on their remotes. After the laughing scene in FF10, I admit that I had to take the voices off. But yes, Dirge was a terrible game, not because of the story, but because of the gameplay being laughably bad. Just like how Square Enix isn't known for fighting games, they aren't well known for action games either.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    To be honest, Square Enix has enough work as it is. Last time I remember, they were working on 5 different projects, and I'm not even mentioning the Enix franchise titles planned. Not to mention they have a few remakes are being planned, so they have very little time to give in to what a few fans want. As of now I don't remotely see them expanding anything from FFX/FFX-2, especially since all questions were answered across both games.
    Maybe someone else will be nice enough to spend the time and money. Heh. Flash games? I've only got one crappy Rikku flash game that's something like Bejeweled, except that Rikku appears all over the place and talks... a lot. ^^;; I suppose I will go and look for more.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Fighting games coming from RPGs aren't the greatest hit in the world and anyone can say that...

... And SNK is sadly dead, due to the lack of support (or new ideas, in my opinion) ... *sigh* Sometimes, you can make more than just classic continuations, right?

So, if we go and make new games that mimic the old, it'll just sadden the loyal old-schoolers for rip-offs...

Final Fantasy fighting game? *sigh* Why?
    Though marvel vs. capcom was fun, it got boring after a while. Only cool for the first few weeks, then it just went to dullsville.
    Capcom vs. SNK was a fave of mine, seeing that they chose the right combination of characters to make a unique style of fighting that not even SNK vs. Capcom Evo (or whatever it was called) could touch!

Why make an FF fighting game? Going old school would resort to making it into handhelds and not big console systems (and trust me, not everyone plays their handhelds all of their life as those do in their console systems), and making it new school would have to solve the riddle of "How can we make fighting games interesting again?" mystery...

Ripping off of the SSB series and Power Stone series as well as the Budokai series, is the Naruto fighting games...
    Cool, fun... but just plain ripped off of ideas (sorta' reminds me of the anime)...

So you want a ripped of FF fighting game or an original?
    Rip-off? Just beg square to do it, I dare you.
    Original? *sigh* Wait for a miracle masterpiece director and producer to show... or just completely ask a COMPLETELY different company, seriously.

As for a Rikku solo game... I believe an adventure-platform-fusion-rpg game would be a good hit when it comes to her really touching up on the current events and her past. (not based on FFX2, sadly.... not exactly the best one to touch... and please, no Tomb Raider rips either! Those get awful)
    Another RPG, is just another RPG which will only make more people beg for an actual different game starring Rikku.
    <.< Will she be a big hit?

No, but she will at least make a "Hey, this was pretty good"... which by the way, square needs these days...
    They may have several projects, and people are anticipating them, but small projects should be made at the side to create a "real-life test field"... and I know they do sometimes, but they aren't exactly the best...

._. I'm a huge fan of Atlus, and quite frankly, I've touched a lot of SOLID games from them that they practically released at the same month... they may have been small and a lot of them may have been just translations, but they still hit the bell for a good amount of times.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

No, not another FFX-2. Definitely not. The only thing that'll make good... "grounds" for a Rikku-centred game is, well, Rikku's past. Except that if that happens, I suspect more games about other FF characters' pasts will mushroom too. ^^;; But Rikku isn't a particularly mysterious character to begin with, and if I were in charge of picking a character to do a whole feature on I'd admittedly go for someone whose life is more shrouded in mystery, y'know? Like... Paine. Or Edea. Maybe even Beatrix, because no one EVER talks about Beatrix.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

A game about Rikku's past sounds good. I really can't think of anything else they could make a game for RIkku for.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

What the heck about her past. She is an al bhed, you wanna see preteen rikku running in some sand digging for stuff and getting her period????? Wasn't she like 15 in X. Cause if so, then that's what you are gonna get. Sure they could come up with something decent, but why bother.

Here's wiki: Rikku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

A game with just Rikku in it? I can't think of anything else more terrifying, she's on my list of "most annoying characters" closely followed by Ashley from Resident Evil 4.

Thanks

Not necessarily Rikku alone. Just... well, Rikku as the central character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast