+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Arcade Games

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Arcade Games

***This thread is not about the "arcade" games we have here at AnimeOnline.***

It is about the ones where you put quarters and tokens in. And you don't have to limit yourself to the ones that you play with a screen, ones that give tickets or pinballs count too.

Which ones are your favorites?? I am not going to force you to explain why it is your favorite, but know that the staff will come after you.
    --------------------------
    Let's get the ball rolling:

1. X-men: One of the few ones that allowed up to six players on two screens. That alone is cool enough.

2. Virtual On: You get to control a mecha via two joysticks, and each are uniquely designed with fun gameplay.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Arcade Games

My top five are:
    1. the Dungeons and Dragons that was out about ten years ago: that one allowed up to four players if I remember correctly and my brother and I used to play it all the time at Geneva-On_The_Lake.
    2. the coin one where it pushes the coins down and gives you tickets: a friend of mine and I used to have competitions to see who could get more tickets that way
    3. Darkstalkers: one of the few fighting games I played because of the cool characters
    4. Air Hockey: a friend of mine and I got warned at one arcade about that game. He used to hit the puck so hard it'd go flying off the table, not because he was a bad person. He just sucked at the game sooo bad.
    5. those crane games: one year a friend of mine and I got so good at it, we nearly cleared out the machine every time we went (the jewelry one was the one we played)

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

All the arcades I've been to in recent memory are horribly outdated, and half the peripherals/machines don't work at all. However, one thing they all still have is Air Hockey, glorious, glorious, Air Hockey! It gobbles quaters like no other. On the negative side, there are usually only one or two of them at the arcades, so I have to be restrained from monopoloziing the table. It's just one of those frantic back and forth games like ping-pong that I enjoy so much. One mess up, and you're doomed!

He used to hit the puck so hard it'd go flying off the table, not because he was a bad person. He just sucked at the game sooo bad.
    I'm not too bad at the game, but I do that all the time! I have a feeling I'm going to hit someone some day, or have the popcorn vendors chase me with a stick because I'm accidentily abusing the tables/customers.(The arcades I visit are mostly at movie theatres).

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Speaking of air hockey tables, only once in my life have I saw a truly awesome one. I remember it was in Las Vegas, and the air hockey table actually emulate a real hockey rink. Normally the goals of the air hockey table are at each end. But for this one, the goal is actually 3 inches out from the end, leaving a gap in the back of the goal. Also the corners are smoothed out. Because of that the puck will never get trapped in the middle or corners like you always get in a regular air hockey game.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Let's get the ball rolling:

1. X-men: One of the few ones that allowed up to six players on two screens. That alone is cool enough.

2. Virtual On: You get to control a mecha via two joysticks, and each are uniquely designed with fun gameplay.
    Well now, it seems that me and Legend shares a common arcade favorite: Virtual On

When I used to live in Japan I'd used to try and hit the arcades whenever my parent took us out into the city. I'd either go to the arcade floor of the department store or to SEGA World. Both places had a nice selection of games but "Virtual On" was one of my most favorite and memorable games.

As Legend mentions the controls used two joysticks and if I remember correctly (I havent played the arcade version for atleast 9 years ok?) each joystick corresponded to the "right" and "left" weapon, each stick had a button for the attacks, and there is also the "center" weapon that you hit both the buttons for. If you're a newbie to arcade gaming than the movement controls would've troubled you quite a bit as you'd have to simaltaniusaly move both joysticks to the direction you want to go. Another of my arcade favorites would've have to been the classic fighter games like "Capcom vs SNK" and the aracde classic "Street Fighters".

To add: Although I've never had the chance to I would've liked the chance to play Guilty Gear in arcades...now that would've been awesome. Oh, and I'd also wanna give Konami's "Otomedius" (Its an parody of the "Gradius" series obviously) a shot as they got Mine Yoshizaki, whom is known for Keroro Gunsou (Sergeant Frog...which is YET to hit the US...damn it), to do the character designs. I bet Legend would like to give this game a go as well. XD

Otomedius [email protected]

...damn, KONAMI sure knows how to get our attentions now dont they?
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

I try to avoid air hockey tables since my sister and cousin were once playing and she hit the puck so hard it flew out of the table and promply knocked me square between the eyes. ^_^

My favorite arcade game has always been PacMan!
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

;D I'm in love with DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). It's the only arcade game I play. I'm between standard and heavy at the moment. I'll spend 20 dollars on it if I have the time. I'd play like 10 games in a row (three songs in a game) and take a break. P:

<DDR addicted3

ಥ__ಥ

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

I have not played any arcade games besides the crane games in a long while. However the one that really sticks in my mind was called Dragons Liar. This goes back many years and was one of the first movie type games. I can rember spending hours and many many quaters on this game. Please tell me Iam not the olny one that rembers this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast