+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Arcade Games

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Arcade Games

Speaking of DDR, I once knew a guy that was trying to get in shape playing that game. It was hilarious to watch since he weighed over 400 lbs and that was the only kind of exercise he ever did.
    But on a more serious note, I just remembered another great arcade game, Arkanoid. I had gotten pretty good at that game, since it was in a convenient store in Pensacola, Florida that I lived just up the hill from.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Well now, it seems that me and Legend shares a common arcade favorite: Virtual On

Oh, and I'd also wanna give Konami's "Otomedius" (Its an parody of the "Gradius" series obviously) a shot as they got Mine Yoshizaki, whom is known for Keroro Gunsou (Sergeant Frog...which is YET to hit the US...damn it), to do the character designs. I bet Legend would like to give this game a go as well. XD

Otomedius [email protected]
    Yes sir, Virtual On to this day is still one of my favorite. If I ever get rich I would have one at my house. My favorite character was Raiden i think (the guy with the sword) and the one on the other side of the character select menu. he is the one with broad ass shoulders and he flies up to shoot four lasers from the shoulders.

Speaking of that link, I can't believed I clicked that work. Next time warn me about the women in skimpy clothing dude, I work with a married women. I have a good image...but seriously that game looks cool but I'm not a big 2d side shooter kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ron119125 View Post
    I have not played any arcade games besides the crane games in a long while. However the one that really sticks in my mind was called Dragons Liar.
    That's the one with a lot of movies right?? If I remember right it was a guy who looks like buzz lightyear in a medieval suit. For some reason that arcade only had two buttons?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite would be House of the Dead series.
    It's fun and although I don't have the skills to complete the game.. It's the best passing time for me when I'm in an arcade. Otherwise, I would play Guilty Gear. <^v^>/

Time Crisis is all right. But I don't really like to hit the paddle too much because I normally where heels when I go out. Other games... Sheep mostly go for virtual shooting games.<^x^>/

@Cheza

I try to avoid air hockey tables since my sister and cousin were once playing and she hit the puck so hard it flew out of the table and promply knocked me square between the eyes. ^_^
    Ouch... <x__x>lll
    You better avoid sheep too because sheep is brutal in that sport too~ \<^w^>/
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Let's get the ball rolling:

1. X-men: One of the few ones that allowed up to six players on two screens. That alone is cool enough.

2. Virtual On: You get to control a mecha via two joysticks, and each are uniquely designed with fun gameplay.
    OMG!!! Two of the best arcade games EVER made!!! I remember playing X-Men WAAAY back in the day! I think the last time I played was when I was about ten, the year they pulled it out of Circus Pizza. TT_TT Virtual On was such a great game that when it released for Sega Saturn, I stayed at the Toys 'R' Us I worked at HOURS after I got off work just so I could stay and play Virtual On on their Saturn they had on display. Good times, good times...

Let's continue the ball rolling. ^_^

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: YES!! More characters from each side than you can shake a joystick at!!! Great action, smooth jazzy music, hours of addictive gameplay! I've spent more money on that game than a business man spends on cheap whores! LOL!

Capcom vs. SNK (the first or the second, who cares?): The BEST crossover games on the planet! I always used to daydream about who would win a fight between Ryu and Terry Bogard and when those games were out, my mind was blown! I never thought that two 2D fighting power houses would come together to make such greatness! It is yet another pocket drainer in my list of arcade favorites.

Soul Edge (AKA: Soul Blade): The game that started the legend of the world's most sought after blade weilded by the nefarious pirate Cervantes. Sweet combos, losses by ring out, a decent variety of characters and weapons and a kick ass end boss make for one hell of a game. Break out the wallet mom! I wanna play some Soul Edge!!

House of the Dead: I like shooting zombies... 'Nuff said. LOL.

Crazy Taxi: Who doesn't like driving like a madman with passengers in the back and no consiquences? ^_^

Dance Dance Revolution: I can't dance like the people in the hip-hop videos, but that's out the window when I play DDR. I turn in to some crazy dance choreagrapher and just go nuts! One of the most addictive games I've ever played.... AND IT'S GOOD EXERCISE!! What's bad about that? Ha ha!!

Rival Schools and Project Justice: I love me some fighting games and I love anime! The Rival Schools games gave me the best of both worlds! Stunning graphics during thier time and great super moves made this game an A+ for me. Plus the first game--Rival Schools--had Sakura from Street Fighter in it! Which brings me to my ultimate arcade favorite...

Street Fighter II: This game was so great, so damn addictive, so fun and so intense that my mom had to pry me off the machine with a crowbar while I'm kicking and screaming! LOL.

I've beaten hundreds and have been destroyed hundreds of times. I've probably spent over $1,000,000,000 in quarters playing that game from the time it was released to the time it was taken out of arcades. When it finally came out on home consoles, my siblings, cousins and close friends would compete with each other for the ulimate goal of having bragging rights both at home AND in the arcade.

If I had to choose a definite favorite out of every arcade game there is, Street Fighter II would be that one.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    OMG!!! Two of the best arcade games EVER made!!! I remember playing X-Men WAAAY back in the day! I think the last time I played was when I was about ten, the year they pulled it out of Circus Pizza. TT_TT Virtual On was such a great game that when it released for Sega Saturn, I stayed at the Toys 'R' Us I worked at HOURS after I got off work just so I could stay and play Virtual On on their Saturn they had on display. Good times, good times...

Let's continue the ball rolling. ^_^

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: YES!! More characters from each side than you can shake a joystick at!!! Great action, smooth jazzy music, hours of addictive gameplay! I've spent more money on that game than a business man spends on cheap whores! LOL!

Capcom vs. SNK (the first or the second, who cares?): The BEST crossover games on the planet! I always used to daydream about who would win a fight between Ryu and Terry Bogard and when those games were out, my mind was blown! I never thought that two 2D fighting power houses would come together to make such greatness! It is yet another pocket drainer in my list of arcade favorites.

Soul Edge (AKA: Soul Blade): The game that started the legend of the world's most sought after blade weilded by the nefarious pirate Cervantes. Sweet combos, losses by ring out, a decent variety of characters and weapons and a kick ass end boss make for one hell of a game. Break out the wallet mom! I wanna play some Soul Edge!!

House of the Dead: I like shooting zombies... 'Nuff said. LOL.

Crazy Taxi: Who doesn't like driving like a madman with passengers in the back and no consiquences? ^_^

Dance Dance Revolution: I can't dance like the people in the hip-hop videos, but that's out the window when I play DDR. I turn in to some crazy dance choreagrapher and just go nuts! One of the most addictive games I've ever played.... AND IT'S GOOD EXERCISE!! What's bad about that? Ha ha!!

Rival Schools and Project Justice: I love me some fighting games and I love anime! The Rival Schools games gave me the best of both worlds! Stunning graphics during thier time and great super moves made this game an A+ for me. Plus the first game--Rival Schools--had Sakura from Street Fighter in it! Which brings me to my ultimate arcade favorite...

Street Fighter II: This game was so great, so damn addictive, so fun and so intense that my mom had to pry me off the machine with a crowbar while I'm kicking and screaming! LOL.

I've beaten hundreds and have been destroyed hundreds of times. I've probably spent over $1,000,000,000 in quarters playing that game from the time it was released to the time it was taken out of arcades. When it finally came out on home consoles, my siblings, cousins and close friends would compete with each other for the ulimate goal of having bragging rights both at home AND in the arcade.

If I had to choose a definite favorite out of every arcade game there is, Street Fighter II would be that one.

O.O CHRIST ALMIGHTY, SPROUT!!!

lol, but anywho, onto my post. i'm kicking it old school and saying Galaga.

this game is by far the most addicitve for me and the most fun to play. no skill required! just get on and start shooting baddies!

and for REALLY old school, i say Whack-a-Mole XD

oh and we cant rule out the Addams Family Pinball Machine. Come on....

do ity with me: Duh nuh nuh nuh! *snap snap* That was the bgreatest pinball machine by far.
    Why hello there!

Otaku heartless is off to a good start
    Thanks

well my fav arcade game would be the tekken six,i played it,its kinda cool,i even bought a tekken card so i could have my own customize character,well totally i have 112 wins 24 loses.i also like the house of the dead series
    sometimes i wish i never existed
    -heartless.DY-025

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to say that my favorite arcade games are astroids, astroids deluxe, battlezone, centipede, millipede, and pretty much all atari games like that! I'm an old school arcade type person! Dad got me into them. He played them in the arcades when he was a little lad himself.

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Are we forgetting that ball toss game, think it's called skeeball or something. That thing is addicting, especially if you're competing with friends. There was a time my friend and I both got perfect scores on the same day. It only happened once though, sad to say.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast