+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Bands And Why?

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Bands And Why?

My favorite bands are My chemical romance, In flames, Fall out boy, System of a down, Evanescene, Avenged sevenfold, Paramore, Sum 41, Maximum the Hormone, Uverworld, Nightmare,30 seconds to mars, and good night nurse.

Tell me what's your favorite bands! and why you like them ^_^
    Last edited by Trunks; Sep 12, 2008 at 07:59 AM.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Bands And Why?

Note: I'm more making this my favorite band ever

It's a debate between Malice Mizer and Cradle of Filth for me.

I LOVE Cradle of Filth, even though their only ok live I still love them. Dani Filth is turly poetic with his songs, reading the lyrics...his vocabulary it's amazing. Plus it's a mix of Black and Goth Metal. Their Keyboard work is amazing. Also if you listen to bands like Demonic Pleasure, Dimmu Borgir a lot, with just the constant growling, Cralde of Filth adds a little more spice with the shreiking (On his CDs, in live he doesn't shriek AS much yet still when he does it, it's good...well it's like what you'd see from Dusk and Her Embrace, not Midian lol). I love their CDs, only one I don't have is Total F***ing Darkness. I want it...

As for Malice Mizer, I never seen them live, but their style, their music I just love it. I won't lie, Malice Mizer is an inspiration for my dress style along with make up. I LOVE the whole Victorian look. Before you ask, Gackt or Khala, I loved both, even Tetsu was good. Their music work is amazing. I'm also still stunned that Mana is actually a man, he really does a great job with his style and make up. I only bought one CD, download most of their songs or watch videos (Seen videos of them live...omg...just great).

As for other bands I love, too many to list

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I have three:

Voltaire: Not a band, but more a one man show. He is a Cabaret singer who normally delves into the more morbid and dark aspects of life, and unlife. For insatnce, one song tells a tale of a man on a dateless night, walks around in a cemetery, and has sex with a zombie prostitute and therefore becomes a zombie gigolo.

Creature Feature: A duo from los angeles, a guitarist and keyboardist. They sing of mainly halloween related topics, make songs about old movies, or even edgar allen poe stories.

Maximum the Hormone: A japanese punk/metal band. Killer guitar, nice screaming vocals, lovely singing done by Nawo the drummer, and all in all, a nice feel for their songs. And their live shows are funny, as their main focus is to have a good time.
    Why hello there!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant tell you what my favorit band is as its always changing between my top favorits, which are as fallows...

Avenged Seven Fold
    God Smack
    Korn
    Disturbed
    Tool
    Slip Naught
    System of the down
    Breaking Ben

As to why I like them, I would have to say the way they play their music is just beautifull and in that it's uneak and has a feel all their own compaired to other band music.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

My current favorite bands are:

Boris: a Japanese experimental trio, known for their genre-hopping in between and on records. As of 2008, personnel are drummer Atsuo, bassist/guitarist/vocalist Takeshi, and guitarist/vocalist Wata. Their sounds switch from Drone Metal, Stoner Rock, and Noise Rock. Mhmm.. I'm just in love with their guitarist, Wata.

Bat for Lashes: British band with Natasha Khan as the lead singer and artist. Her music sort of sounds like Bjork, but draws more influence from fantasy and dark themes.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like playing favorites. But there are bands that I listen to more than others. If you like to call those "favorites" then be my guest. Here's what I listen to the most:

Linkin Park: I like their blend of rapcore with nu metal, they do it better than anyone else in my opinion, though I can't say I'm in love with their latest album. Hybrid theory and Meteora were my favorites of them.

System of a Down: Their hypnotize and mesmerize albums are bomb, I love their vocals and the raw quirkyness of their music.

Five Finger Death Punch: They really are today's Pantera, these guys are true metal which is why I'm going to one of their concerts in october. The Way of the Fist is a perfect first album, and I hope they can keep up their energy for albums to come.

Rage Against the Machine: I like rapcore a lot, and no one does it better than Zach de la Rocha. I'm not saying I totally agree with their messages, but they still play some great music.

Three Days Grace: Excellent alternative rock group, One-X rules, I have just about the whole album on my ipod. Riot is one of my favorite songs by them.

Metallica: It's cool that they're still around, but I dig their old sound much more than I do their newer albums such as St. Anger and Death Magnetic. They're a good example that metal bands can burn out. Still love their old stuff like Kill 'Em All, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, and Ride the Lightning. They made metal what it is today.

There's more, but I can't go on all day.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

SweetCandi (Sep 09, 2008)

Newbie maddog420 is off to a good start maddog420's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1240 View Post
    My favorite bands are My chemical romance, In flames, Fall out boy, System of a down, Evanescene, Avenged sevenfold, Paramore, Sum 41, Maximum the Hormone, Uverworld, Nightmare,30 seconds to mars, and good night nurse.

Tell me what's your favorite bands! ^_^
    my fave band is mudvayne cuz they relate to me wen im n ne mood no matter wat and buck cherry cuz i like the song crazy b****
    arc angel dark angel lend me thy light through deaths vial do we have heaven in sight

Newbie Kryptoniteray is off to a good start Kryptoniteray's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always found this question the most difficult one ever. But here I am, again, answering and trying to browse through my mind ^^ I listen to so many bands that it's imposible for me to make a top or simply write them all. I'll start with Guns'n'Roses because I can relate my childhood to their songs. Then Nirvana, Apocalyptica, Evanescence, Metallica, Lenny Kravitz, Goo Goo Dolls,The Cranberries, Faithless, Delerium, Breaking Benjamin and of course, the GazettE. There are many many other bands but I'll spend my whole day writing.
    Last edited by Kryptoniteray; Sep 09, 2008 at 01:33 PM.
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe that I'd get caught up when the rage in me subsides.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast