Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Martial Arts Movie

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Martial Arts Movie

From the cheesy and cheap to the elaborate and epic martial arts flicks are a staple in the hollywood, bollywood, and asia cinema. Some where brutal and to the point. Others where artistic and grand. To each their own though.

My favorite martial arts movie is fearless. I think it resonates well with me since it is about a champ who doesn't get the point. Finally he recovers from a fall from grace and gets the point. That it is a lot harder to not fight sometimes. Plus the ending where he fulfills his promise to return and the woman sees him on the hill is beautiful.

Banned robert88 is off to a good start robert88's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Martial Arts Movie

it had watch the forbidden kingdom movie and i found this my favorite martial arts movie coz both the big martial arts stars are together in this movie "Jet Li" and "Jackie Chan"..and i enjoyed them both so much in this movie it was fantastic to watch them together.

Otaku keitamoro is off to a good start keitamoro's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to say my favorite marital arts movie would be Karate Kid because it was quite enjoyable and also had a very good storyline which had Jackie Chan helping the poor kid who just moved to China.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

ugh, the very beginning and very end of Fearless was great, but I felt middle to be far too long and boring. Too much story and not a great one in my opinion. Kinda like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon though much less fantastic.

One of my favorite Chinese-directed kung fu movies was Iron Monkey. Crappy dubbing and all, this movie was really entertaining, embodies all what it means to be a chinese kung fu movie in my opinion. If we wanna talk about American productions, The Matrix wins my favorite bar none. Great story, innovative action for its time, just awesome. I actually liked Matrix Reloaded a lot too for its action namely the Smith fight, Ghost vs. Neo, etc.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

While it's hard for me to think of every martial arts movie I've seen, and choose a favorite, I can at least share two I've seen recently, and enjoyed. I really enjoyed Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior. The appreciate it when things aren't blown out of proportion into the impossible. This is a movie that really showcases some amazing, and realistic combat. The story wasn't much to me, but it was a pleasure to watch.

The second movie I've gotta mention is called High Kick Girl. High Kick Girl is a fun movie, and again it's not overly incredible with its fighting. I would recommend checking this one out, if you aren't an old school purist, and like some cheesiness with your martial arts. Oh, also good for anyone who enjoys the thought of a Japanese high school aged girl, going around beating the crap out of people, just to gain the attention of her master. And...slow motion replays...those are nice.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

all of bruce lee's films:

the big boss
    fist of fury
    the way of the dragon
    enter the dragon

these movies are all ahead of it's time. all realistic combat and choreography, all done by the legendary bruce lee. and without him there would be no martial arts movies. no jackie chan, jet li, chuck norris, david caradine, etc.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie Coraline is off to a good start Coraline's Avatar
    Thanks

Kung Pow.

You KNOW it's true.

/evilgrin

Well, I'm a hug Jackie Chan fan, so probably his Police Story movies (and also a huge nod to his City Hunter movie, which I found awesome even though it doesn't quite closely follow the anime series)

lady ninja - resident knitwit

Newbie voldiaran is off to a good start voldiaran's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmm mines prolly ong bak tony jaa is amazing! if someon doesnt know him look him up haha

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast