+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite NES Game (Kickin' it Old Skool!)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite NES Game (Kickin' it Old Skool!)

Yes! I'm talking about the very same console that jump started most of our video game addictions. (When I say our, I'm assuming somone my age is reading as well.)

I'm fairly certain that most here have at least--if not owned their own--played a massive amount of NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) at some point in their lives. What I want to know is... What is your favorite old school NES game? Why is that?

I was going to say what I'm certain would be a typical answer; either Duck Hunt or Mario Bros. But I thought long and hard about it, running the list of every single game I've played and owned through my mind. The only game that would top my favorites list would be... *drum roll*

Kung Fu... I'm serious!

Kung Fu is the ONLY game that I've played for NES that has taken me almost my ENTIRE LIFE to beat! I got the game at the age of 6 or 7. Didn't beat it until about the age of 23 or 24... I don't know why that game was so unbeatable compared to other games. But it was. I and another friend of mine were the only two people I knew of who hadn't beaten it. I beat it and then he beat it about an hour after me.

That reason alone is why it's my favorite. I love the game! It's fun, challenging, and the bosses laugh at you when they kill you.

Eighteen years it took for me to beat that game!!!

What about you? What's your favorite NES game of all time?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite NES Game (Kickin' it Old Skool!)

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

Kung Fu... I'm serious!

Kung Fu is the ONLY game that I've played for NES that has taken me almost my ENTIRE LIFE to beat! I got the game at the age of 6 or 7. Didn't beat it until about the age of 23 or 24... I don't know why that game was so unbeatable compared to other games. But it was. I and another friend of mine were the only two people I knew of who hadn't beaten it. I beat it and then he beat it about an hour after me.
    Is Kung Fu the one where a short kid with a bowl hair cut?? Where he fights the same four opponents over and over again?

Well mine would have to be contra and the Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A, Select (for two players), and Start. Pretty fun game because even when I was only 5 i was able to beat the game haha. I remember always cooperating with Player two, and then things get ugly from there when we start fighting for the winged power ups.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to have to go with Mario Bros,Contra and Zelda, were some of my favs.Tho two other games that come to mind when thinking of NES is World Class Track Meet and the pad that came with it,lol now that was an interesting game.Also this game i think it was called might and magic tho dunno if that was the hole name but it was a great rpg game from what i remember.

But out of all of all the games i said I am going to have to go with Legend of Zelda.It is by far on of the best rpg i have played.It is time consuming sure but the story is what kept me playing the hole time, which is not true for allot of the games today to based on graphics/cinematography and not the story.That why i still play allot of my older games still.

To this day Zelda is about the only reason i would even bother buying a Nintendo console.
    Last edited by koga23; Jan 26, 2008 at 02:31 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i loved ninja gaiden 1 2 & 3 and all the
    castlevani series i spent hours ok maybe
    days at a time plying those addictive games
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to go with The Super Mario World games. Particularily the one with I think it's...Baby Mario and Yoshi? Correct me if I'm wrong, But I'm sure it's something like that. Fun stuff I tell you, and totally a classic.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    I'd have to go with The Super Mario World games. Particularily the one with I think it's...Baby Mario and Yoshi? Correct me if I'm wrong, But I'm sure it's something like that. Fun stuff I tell you, and totally a classic.
    You're thinking of SNES bro. rewind a few years.

hmmm, for me it'd have to be Dragon Quest/Warrior . I think DQ could very well have been my first RPG. Goddamn those were some good time. Being one of the first console RPGs released in the states they were unsure of how the market would handle such a "complicated" game so it came packaged with a tell all strategy guide that mapped all of the mazes -_-;

honorable mentions would have to be Battle of Olympus and Bionic Commando <3

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ becuz of the Wii Virtual Console, i can answer this question!

Bubble Bobble! i can play that game for so long, even though i die so much! it's just so simple and fun! all you have to do is blow bubbles on enemies, pop them, and then collect the numerous fruits/veggies/stuff that they turn into! so fun!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    You're thinking of SNES bro. rewind a few years.
    I apologize. I don't even know if I was born when it came out
    I just happened to play a SNES at my cousins house once and that's what I played. Once Again, my apologies.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast