+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite NES Game (Kickin' it Old Skool!)

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite NES Game (Kickin' it Old Skool!)

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    I apologize. I don't even know if I was born when it came out
    I just happened to play a SNES at my cousins house once and that's what I played. Once Again, my apologies.
    no need to apologize. SMW rocks my socks. Like Abu mentioned if you have a Wii the virtual console will expose you to some old school gaming for cheap.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to go with the first Ninja Gaiden. Took me 17 years to beat it but I managed to do it last year on a real NES. I could never beat the final boss. It was just one boss battle after another at the end. Anyway I simply loved it. I even found a version of it online where the whole game was flipped so you run left instead of right. Anyway I loved the game and the music was the best.

I didn't like 2 or 3 that much. They added all this extra abilities to Ryu and it made the game too easy. I preferred jumping up walls the old fashion way instead of crawling.

I like a lot of NES games but this is my number one favorite.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

For me it's a tie between Castlevania 1 and 3 and Crystalis.

I still havn't beet Castlevania 1 and i've been trying for over 20 years now. I've made it all the way to Dracula but just can't manage to bump him off (and that's with an emulation save right at him!). Every year I dust off the two castlevania's for the annual castlevaniathon. Great games!

Crystalis is probably my all time favorite NES game though. LIttle bit zelda, little bit RPG....all great game. It's a darn shame they never made a sequel to that game.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Is Kung Fu the one where a short kid with a bowl hair cut?? Where he fights the same four opponents over and over again?

Well mine would have to be contra and the Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A, Select (for two players), and Start. Pretty fun game because even when I was only 5 i was able to beat the game haha. I remember always cooperating with Player two, and then things get ugly from there when we start fighting for the winged power ups.
    Yeah, I believe you're correct about Kung Fu. I don't think the guy was all that short though. He did have the sterotypical "Bruce Lee" bowl cut though. LOL.

Contra is the shizznit!!! I miss that game! There's a title I haven't played since I was twelve. It's pretty hard to come across these days, though I'm eyeballing the Contra game for Nintendo DS.

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I have to go with the first Ninja Gaiden. Took me 17 years to beat it but I managed to do it last year on a real NES. I could never beat the final boss. It was just one boss battle after another at the end. Anyway I simply loved it. I even found a version of it online where the whole game was flipped so you run left instead of right. Anyway I loved the game and the music was the best.

I didn't like 2 or 3 that much. They added all this extra abilities to Ryu and it made the game too easy. I preferred jumping up walls the old fashion way instead of crawling.

I like a lot of NES games but this is my number one favorite.
    Yeah, Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 weren't as good as the original. I like them, but I wouldn't call them great. The original Ninja Gaiden for NES rocked my socks! It took me almost as long to beat Ninja Gaiden as it took for me to beat Kung Fu (Give or take five or six years, LOL). The arcade version of Ninja Gaiden will hold a special place in my heart as well. I think that's the best Ninja Gaiden ever. ^_^

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Crystalis is probably my all time favorite NES game though. LIttle bit zelda, little bit RPG....all great game. It's a darn shame they never made a sequel to that game.
    Legend of Zelda was one of my favorites of all time. I even made it a priority to get the Gameboy Advanced version of it when they remade it. Honestly I don't know how people could have beat that game back then in the age without strategy guides. I mean, one of the enemy fortress, in order to find it you would have to venture into the "never ending" forest and go up two, left four, etc. some crazy stuff...who figures this stuff out??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Legend of Zelda was one of my favorites of all time. I even made it a priority to get the Gameboy Advanced version of it when they remade it. Honestly I don't know how people could have beat that game back then in the age without strategy guides. I mean, one of the enemy fortress, in order to find it you would have to venture into the "never ending" forest and go up two, left four, etc. some crazy stuff...who figures this stuff out??
    Ahh, Zelda... That takes me back. ^_^

One of the most puzzling and challenging games in the history of NES and yet, people were and still ARE sucked in to that game! I'm one of them. Zelda's such an iconic game that when it hit Nintendo 64, everybody I knew--myself included--made it top priority to buy, or at least play the game!

But, then there's Link's Adventure...

Am I the only one who was dissapointed by that game? A Zelda title that is a side-scroll adventure through like half the game?? WHAT? I still play it from time to time, but beating it has never been a goal of mine and probably never will. It's just not what I expect when I think of The Legend of Zelda.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

one of the best RPG's for the NES was dragon warrior series
    though part one was the best i rememeber staying up till
    3 or 4 in the morning killing wyverns and golems man is was
    so adictive , though i felt cheated when you fought the dragon
    lord i mean after a 30 minut fight if even that there was something
    that had me playing it again over and over.

infa ct there was a flut you had to find in a town that helped you
    but i forgt where now but it was a pain getting it man that ganme got me
    hooked on RPG's before ff7 came along NES was the best for RPG's back then.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    one of the best RPG's for the NES was dragon warrior series
    though part one was the best i rememeber staying up till
    3 or 4 in the morning killing wyverns and golems man is was
    so adictive , though i felt cheated when you fought the dragon
    lord i mean after a 30 minut fight if even that there was something
    that had me playing it again over and over.

infa ct there was a flut you had to find in a town that helped you
    but i forgt where now but it was a pain getting it man that ganme got me
    hooked on RPG's before ff7 came along NES was the best for RPG's back then.
    NES will always be the best for RPGs, in my opinion. All the great games you see on next-gen consoles are all derived from or based on the same principles of almost EVERY RPG that was released for NES. Final Fantasy 1-3 are a few of the greatest games in history, yet nobody shows them any love. I personally like FF1 for NES better than the latter two. It was so in depth and the game play was like the best thing since toothpaste back then! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast