+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Tactical game.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Tactical game.

I want to know all of your favorite tactical games. This can include games like Final Fantsy Tactics, Disgaea, Medevil War, and Commmand&Conquer.

Well I myself would have to say that it would either be Disgaea or Command&Conquer. I love the original Disgea game becaus eit was a lot like FF Tactics except more options and a better character creation system.

As for C&C its just unholy awsome, I've only played up to Red Alert 2 and I love them. Each country has a unige feature to it and you can have team battles. Plus the story isn't bad.

Overall though I'd have to say Disgaea, I love myself some crazy penguin action in the middle of my game, plus you have to love Laharl and Etna such a great team.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Newbie Hazardous is off to a good start Hazardous's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Tactical game.

There are so many good tactical games out there. I always enjoying play SRW series. you just can't get enough mecha vs mecha. My favorite out of the series is SRW MX. Love the story, gameplay, cut scenes and soundtrack.

As for C&C, I love all the games. However, I enjoy Red Alert 2 the most. Tell you the truth, I was a little disappoint when Westwood announced C&C Tiberium War... I was hoping to be Red Alert 3.

Not sure this count as tactical game, but I enjoy playing Total War series as well.

I know you ask us to pick just one... but there are so many good tactical games out there, is hard to pick just one.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I have two favorit tactic based games, one being Command & Conquer, but my all time favorit of the C&C would have to be the Sci-fie Tiberian Wars series which is the first C&C, then Tiberian Sun/Fire Storm, then the new C&C 3 Tiberian Wars. I also talk to the guy, Joey Kucan the guy who plays as Kane, on myspace.
    My other most favorit tactic game would have to be the Homeworld series.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

It really depends on the definition of tactical. Would RTS' count? If not, here's my two favorite turn-based tactical games.

1. Civilization IV

I can't say enough about this game. I've played all the Civ games, but I haven't played one so much since the original. It looks awesome, has more choice than you can shake a stick at, and infinate replay value. Plus, the leveling system for units is extremely awesome. Another thing is the huge number of difficulty levels. So far I'm up to Emperor. Civilization is a game that's as fun to plan(strategy wise) as it is to play.

2. Final Fantasy Tactics-

My favorite Final Fantasy, and also my favorite tactical RPG. The plotline is simply amazing, it had the guts to kill off main characters like flies, and the customization make the battles tactile and really fun. I love the battle systen. And you can't forget about character development, and how each character sort of follows their own path throughout the game, often deviating from your main character's objectives. it's just awesome.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Black Matrix.

A race of angels are enslaved by a race demons, 4 different possible main romances (including one homosexual), a rather interesting post-apocalyptic S&M vibe, great dialogue and character interactions, genuinely difficult boards throughout, and full-voice in a Playstation game!

Black Matrix rules the SRPG universe as far as I'm concerned.

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine would have to be Disgaea 2 because alll the options it gives you. You can create a army of demons and monsters or humans. I also like how high you could get you levels to go, unlike most games were they cut you off at level 99 in Disgaea 2 you can go well past 2000.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

command and conquer thats a good game.
    i liked it alot of course it was like the only tactical game i ever played but i was good. lol.
    i liked the voices. lol.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Disgaea 2.
    It goes where not many other games go.
    It has a compelling storyline with multiple endings, and then there's bonus missions after the game that require mass amounts of levelings. The highest level possible in this game is 9999. very rare.

There's also so many other things, like leveling up your weapons and armor to level 100 max, and the Land of Carnage. This game seriously just keeps on going and going...like the Energizer bunny. lol.

So that's my choice.
    And practically any other Nippon Ichi as a runner up.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast