+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Tactical game.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Tactical game.

I remember playing one of the really old civilizations games. It was on my friends computer and I loved watching the people advance. Didn't know what it was called at the time but i found out later. Too bad I didn't have a computer to play it on as a kid.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

i gotta say my favorite was age of empires 2

that game was so much fun, and i simply loved it when you make a castle. the castle units from China were always fun. but in all seriousness i loved that you had to work quickly and intellegently or you would be owned hard.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

ahhhh..My favorite gaming genre.

One of the most influential and maybe my most favorite game of all time is a tactical game-Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena. 6 countries in a war for the unification of the continent of Forsena. Mythical monsters like salamanders and wyverns are all under your control along with various troop leaders like cavaliers, necromancers, etc...Basically, it's just another tactical game out there with the same basics principles. But i love it.

Another favorite of mine is the Super Robot Wars series. I'm a big mecha fan and there's no reason for me not to love this game. With a big bunch of super deformed mechas and new ones and comebacks are always in each installment, it's not easy to be bored with it.
    Last edited by Hantei16; Mar 04, 2008 at 11:07 PM.

Banned 3cheersforrevenge is off to a good start 3cheersforrevenge's Avatar
    Thanks

i would have to say Fire Emblem, that game is awesome. i love it. it's just simply, kinda like a game of chess, but way more interesting.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    I remember playing one of the really old civilizations games. It was on my friends computer and I loved watching the people advance. Didn't know what it was called at the time but i found out later. Too bad I didn't have a computer to play it on as a kid.
    Maybe Heroes Chronicles? it's the old version of Heroes of Might and Magic but by "Nival Entertainment" instead of "New World Computing" ... and the new is 3D while the old is 2D but both are good ... there's always things that a 2D will be forever better than 3D ... but again both series are awesome ...

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I have Heroes of Might and Magic V, but have thus far not been able to really get into it, and I'm not sure why. I'm hoping one day I'll see the light with that one.
    it's a real good game especially this one the "V" .. the story is complicated though when you start you say such simple story but when you advance you know how much you were fooled along the game's story ... and got real good heroes like Agrael and Zehir .. it needs some time to learn how you play it but once you do you'll have different opinion about it ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku Shannaal is off to a good start
    Thanks

My favorite tactical game of all time has got to be Starcraft. The gameplay is so intense that you really get into it. The storyline is also so well developed that you just have to keep playing to find out what will happen next. The three races you play as have something for everyone. If you like to swarm with lots of small guys, you play as the zerg, evil biological creatures. However, if your the powerhouse type, you'll want to play as the Protoss, the race of Technological advanced warriors. Then their are the humans, wedged in between. The game is such an awesome one that its still played today, 13 years after it was created. Plus, Blizzard, the company that made it, is finally making the sequal, which will revisit many old characters of the game, as well as many new ones. Starcraft 2 comes out in October for anyone who wants to know.
    The chibis, they want my COOKIES.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shannaal View Post
    My favorite tactical game of all time has got to be Starcraft. The gameplay is so intense that you really get into it. The storyline is also so well developed that you just have to keep playing to find out what will happen next. The three races you play as have something for everyone. If you like to swarm with lots of small guys, you play as the zerg, evil biological creatures. However, if your the powerhouse type, you'll want to play as the Protoss, the race of Technological advanced warriors. Then their are the humans, wedged in between. The game is such an awesome one that its still played today, 13 years after it was created. Plus, Blizzard, the company that made it, is finally making the sequal, which will revisit many old characters of the game, as well as many new ones. Starcraft 2 comes out in October for anyone who wants to know.
    that's glorious news (about the characters and sequel) .. i saw the game but didn't get hold of it just yet ... but now i'm burning!
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Final fantasy tactics was really fun because it was so replayable. I have the one for the PSP and I have the playstation 1 game still. They are both fun. Get the psp one...I reccomend it.
    Continuous effort-Not strength or intelligence- is the key to unlocking our potential.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast