+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Tactical game.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Tactical game.

definetally fire emblem, all of them.
    I didn't particuallarly care for path of radiance or radiant dawn because in the first one u might as well bench every character and let ike kill everything.
    and in the second one its Sothe, then Geofrey, then Ike, then u get like a small army of demi-gods to fite ashera and she goes down in liek 2-3 turns. Totally rediculous, just to prove i could, i beat the game with only ike (in missions with him in them) geofrey (same) or sothe. when i had to use multiple (the last missions) i ketp everyone back and wiped the lfoor with ike and two random kings.

other than F.E. i would have to say FF tactics, both the advance version and the one for psp (never played the orriginal)

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Shannaal is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    definetally fire emblem, all of them.
    I didn't particuallarly care for path of radiance or radiant dawn because in the first one u might as well bench every character and let ike kill everything.
    and in the second one its Sothe, then Geofrey, then Ike, then u get like a small army of demi-gods to fite ashera and she goes down in liek 2-3 turns. Totally rediculous, just to prove i could, i beat the game with only ike (in missions with him in them) geofrey (same) or sothe. when i had to use multiple (the last missions) i ketp everyone back and wiped the lfoor with ike and two random kings.

other than F.E. i would have to say FF tactics, both the advance version and the one for psp (never played the orriginal)
    I loved the very first fir emblem for gameboy. It was the best. I always got Dorcas to a level 20 Warrior, then it got too easy.
    The chibis, they want my COOKIES.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

a new game i finished (The Battle for Middle-earth (tm) II) i love this game and when i play it i enjoyed playing and i have fun with it .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge, some of the crazy custom maps played online were just wicked. You'd end up charging eachother with armies bigger then 120 tanks or so on some of them. Not much tactics needed on those and it lagged like hell, but fun? yeah defo..
    Then there was the 2v2 teamplay etc, amazing to watch youre friend build a base and then smash the opponent together.

Honerable mention would have to be battlefield 2(more of a tactical shooter) for me, using its squad dymanics in clanwarfare could be suprisingly satisfying.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a new tactical game coming out called Angels Fall First: Second Antirean War. It’s not made by any one of the mager game industries but rather a group of VERY highly skilled artist, programmers, and designers who are doing this on their own free time. The AFF came out with a mod for HW2 and then escalated from mods for Unreal tournament, and Nexus. I have played the mod for my HW2 before my computer bombed out on me and I must say it is amazing. This new one that they are coming out is not a mod but rather its own game with its own working engine. It plays like an RTS but the game type is an MMO. So think of it like crossing HW2s fleet construction with the MMO (and bad ass graphics) of EVE. They still have a ways to go before it is done but it’s really cool to see these guys at work creating this thing and I support them all the way. As soon as it’s done, I am going to download It.

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say the first two Shining Force series though I know there are those who would disagree with me on them being tactical games. Another favorite is Saiyuki: Journey West.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster331 View Post
    I would have to say the first two Shining Force series though I know there are those who would disagree with me on them being tactical games. Another favorite is Saiyuki: Journey West.
    If the "Shining Force" you're talking about is the two of SEGA's then i agree to the full with you that they were tactical and i finished the first and was on the way of the second
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah! They were the first two I was talking about. They had initially come out for the Sega Genesis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast