+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Decade? (and why)

Newbie Xxajanae97xX is off to a good start Xxajanae97xX's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite TV Decade? (and why)

pretty self explanitory: what's your favorite decade of television? the 70s? 80s? 90s? new millenium? why is it your favorite? fav. shows during that periods? etc.

my #1 is the 90s not only b/c that's my generation but b/c the cartoons and music were the best, then 80s probably w/ a close 2nd
    akame4eva!

Newbie valetommolina is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Favorite TV Decade? (and why)

hy!my favorite decades is 90s!!eve if I like the new millenium too!! I like soo much the cartoon off 90s e telefim of the new millenium!!
    Last edited by aceman67; May 17, 2009 at 07:00 PM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, mine was the 80's. Most of my childhood was in the 80's, so of course this is my fav. The shows were fun and action packed. The shows also had better themes than today. Now there's just too much crime crap, reality shows, and boring dramas and humorless comedy's.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xxajanae97xX View Post
    pretty self explanitory: what's your favorite decade of television? the 70s? 80s? 90s? new millenium? why is it your favorite? fav. shows during that periods? etc.

my #1 is the 90s not only b/c that's my generation but b/c the cartoons and music were the best, then 80s probably w/ a close 2nd
    I agree with you on 90s music being better than most songs these days but, the 90s were my adolescent years. The 60s, 70s and 80s had tons of kick-ass music as well. Television is a different subject though...

I think that the 80s and 90s are tied as far as cartoons are concerned. Lots of great cartoons came out in the 80s. Examples: Transformers, G.I. Joe, Smurfs, (for all you ladies) Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, (ugh...) Gem, She-Ra, (back to your regularly scheduled testosterone) He-Man, Thundercats, Silverhawks, (correct me if I'm wrong--I watched the next two the in the 80s) Voltron, Robotech; the list goes on.

Then the 90s cartoons came along and captured my attention and my heart. Especially cartoons like Tiny Toons and Animaniacs. They were like cartoons for adults disguised as cartoons for kids who were my age at that time. Finally in my late high school and early adult years, I look back at them and laugh at all the jokes I missed, LOL. I loved the ABC 'Sonic the Hedgehog' series when I was in middle school. Who remembers 'The Disney Afternoon'? Aw, I loved comin' home from school to watch Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, etc. The original 'TMNT' series was my ultimate favorite as a kid in the late 80s/early 90s.

I can't really pick an ultimate favorite between the 80s and 90s. Being raised in both decades (FYI: I was born in 1980), I can't really determine which one is better because both eras make up a lot of who I am (not speaking just TV, but pop culture in this country).

Newbie eddie hawaii is off to a good start
    Thanks

Th Best Is "lost"!!!!! So Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! I Like Also O.c.

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree 90s is the best TV decade especially for cartoons, but I think the new millenium is also good; coz there are many shows and better entertainment this millenium even though there are lots of TV channels which makes me confused

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone remember Doug? lol, Killer Tofu...

Speaking of GI Joe, I f**king love that movie:

TOTAL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

click to show spoiler
    <---Lyrics

And Transformer the Movie was great too:

YEAAAAH

OMFG i get chills watching these. This is the most flat out awesome shit ever.
    So my vote is for the 80s to the Late 90s for Television. The 90s had some great stuff too. Like DBZ, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Shojo kakumei Utena (waaay too young to understand it, but I still liked it).

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

90's and above ,i mean the type of stories is newly inspired and more interesting to watch ,and that's my choice.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast