+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 12

Otaku zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Still waiting for the European release at the end of this month...
    Boy aren't we lucky ¬_¬
    ^_^ I LOLED! ^_^

yes ive been playin about for at most 20 hours i hardly have anytime anymore for games and the like, but the game so far has not dissappointed, the graphics are great of course for the PS2. Story seems to go places soon enough as it seems that the plot goes everywhere ~_~, but nonetheless go MISTS!!!

^^BEST SIG EVER!!^^

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Still waiting for the European release at the end of this month...
    Boy aren't we lucky ¬_¬
    Preach, although I've kinda lost interest in the game because of all the hype and stuff about 13 & versus, not to mention the other ff related games like crisis core... bit of an overload!
    I'm definatly going to get it though, I'm curious about the new battle system.

Newbie Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    I love every aspect of the game except the combat system. I find the combat system to be to difficult to really use. Yeah, I know about the gambit system but I'm a micromanage when it comes to my RPG's. I can navigate a FF battle menu in litterally seconds. It was great.

Now, I just either have to live with auto mode (gambits) and hope the characters really do what I've told them to when I want to. Or I have to micromanage the entire battle in real time in a menu system that, while I can do it, is not really meant to. It's the only flaw in the game. Mind you, i know it's a 'online' battle system but I don't play online games so I have to adjust to this new mindset. I"m sure I'll get there.

But it's not enough to keep me for playing, or even enjoying, this great game.
    I dont know if you know this but the numbers on the left side of the gambit choose menu is what they are going to do first and what will primary and secondary.....If you set one for cura or something first for an ally for 70% health then that char will heal the chars with health 70% or Below till they get to 70% and visa versa you can have a char that does spells and fighting....then I use most of my computer char to heal like cura and curaga that really helps ^_^ I just put 2 or 3 on heal gambits that are 2 or 3 on the list so that way they will attack then heal if you go down in health.... I love the quickenings and summonings......they are very easy to use and they can take down bosses health down trumendously if you use them the right way

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Sword View Post
    dude...then you didnt get very far....because the story is veyr good and the char.s are very well done....plus the stories behind the char.s
    dude...i've finished the game. it's my opinion and i can say what i want about this game and by the way it still sucks.

at least final fantasy 13 for ps3 looks great.
    click here
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG god forbid. Tidus looks like a homo too. The series is known for girly looking guys you know. The battle system takes a little longer to get the hang of, but when you do it will be second nature. Turn based is so old, and it's time for change people. What will make you guys happier, if they made the battle system like KH2? As for the story, thank god they are done with the love crap that has been focused in every installment recently.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't played the game yet, but i have been reading some of the reviews from those that have already played the game. Some reviews say that the game is pretty cool and the graphics are great. Although, there are some people that didn't like the game because of the bew battle system. I personally intend to buy the game and see how cool the graphics are. By the way does any one know when FFXIII comes out?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I haven't played the game yet, but i have been reading some of the reviews from those that have already played the game. Some reviews say that the game is pretty cool and the graphics are great. Although, there are some people that didn't like the game because of the bew battle system. I personally intend to buy the game and see how cool the graphics are. By the way does any one know when FFXIII comes out?
    The release date I saw at Gamestop was December 2007....which means around July 2008 .

@Bloody Sword: yeah, I know about the gambit system and how it works. It's worked really well for 'random' battles but I've not really had a lot of success with it in boss battles yet. I tend to try to control the entire party in the boss battles because I've never gotten the gambit system to work the way I want. Perhaps I'll get the hang of it the longer the game goes but i'm much more confident with a menu system.

Back when I was playing FF2 (SNES) I would be playing with a friend. I was in the waterways sneaking into Barron castle. I was just blowing everything away, having a great time. My friend couldn't believe how fast I could navigate the menu system. He asked if he could try it (I guess I was making it look so easy) and he was wiped out in one battle. He could not keep up with the enemy ( I had it on active battle).

My point? I can navigate a battle system much more precisely then this gambit system they have going right now. I like micromanaging my combat. I don't like setting up the computer to handle auto healing at< 70&#37;. What if I'm at 71% and what to heal anyway because I know I'm gonna take a hit this round? Can't do that with the gambit system (it least I don't know how to do it if it's possible) and that's what drives me nuts. I love menu driven combat because I control what happens and when. I'm having a hard time doing that in FF12.

Will the battle system dive me away from the game? Absolutely not! I totally love the game and i'm willing to put up with a 'online' battle system for such a cool game.

Newbie Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    The release date I saw at Gamestop was December 2007....which means around July 2008 .

@Bloody Sword: yeah, I know about the gambit system and how it works. It's worked really well for 'random' battles but I've not really had a lot of success with it in boss battles yet. I tend to try to control the entire party in the boss battles because I've never gotten the gambit system to work the way I want. Perhaps I'll get the hang of it the longer the game goes but i'm much more confident with a menu system.

Back when I was playing FF2 (SNES) I would be playing with a friend. I was in the waterways sneaking into Barron castle. I was just blowing everything away, having a great time. My friend couldn't believe how fast I could navigate the menu system. He asked if he could try it (I guess I was making it look so easy) and he was wiped out in one battle. He could not keep up with the enemy ( I had it on active battle).

My point? I can navigate a battle system much more precisely then this gambit system they have going right now. I like micromanaging my combat. I don't like setting up the computer to handle auto healing at< 70%. What if I'm at 71% and what to heal anyway because I know I'm gonna take a hit this round? Can't do that with the gambit system (it least I don't know how to do it if it's possible) and that's what drives me nuts. I love menu driven combat because I control what happens and when. I'm having a hard time doing that in FF12.

Will the battle system dive me away from the game? Absolutely not! I totally love the game and i'm willing to put up with a 'online' battle system for such a cool game.
    If Your going for more your control why dont you take them off gambit then they are in total controle but then they dont do anything......ahhh dont listen to me I really have no clue because I got on and figured my style and yeah my style and your styel are different....Im just glade you can gain mp when you walk around

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast