+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 12

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Sword View Post
    If Your going for more your control why dont you take them off gambit then they are in total controle but then they dont do anything......ahhh dont listen to me I really have no clue because I got on and figured my style and yeah my style and your styel are different....Im just glade you can gain mp when you walk around
    If the system would not have active time battle anymore I'd do it! But I don't think it works that way. I'll have to give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

When you take them off the gambits you just have to give each one of them orders to attack each time though. That can get annoying after awhile.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I luv anime View Post
    Final Fantasy games are my favorite things to play! The first time I played it was when I was 6. Ive been into FF ever since! My favorite FF is FF8.
    Only very slightly related to this thread.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know final fantasy 12 sounds kind of weak. I think I'll wait till 13 comes out. Is it true the game plays itself in the battle system?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I don't know final fantasy 12 sounds kind of weak. I think I'll wait till 13 comes out. Is it true the game plays itself in the battle system?
    It's like other online games. You have direct control over your party leader. The other party members perform actions on their own (like in Kingdom Hearts). To make sure the characters actually do things you want them to do, they have the gambit system. It's a system where you build general formulas for your character to follow.

For example:
    I can build a gambit that tells a character to heal any ally with hit points lower then 70% of their total.

I can have another character who has a gambit where they will attack the same enemy as the party leader.

Each character can have multiple gambits. Gambit #1 takes president over Gambit #2 and so forth.

It's quite an impressive system but for guys like me who really like to manage the entire party it can get frustrating. I never KNOW if someone is going to get healed when I want by the person I want to heal them. It's really frustrating sometimes.

But like I said earlier, it's not enough to make me hate playing the game. It's well worth playing and even if you don't pick it up right away, it's deffinatly worth your $20 when it gets on the 'greatest hits' list.

EDIT 2/10/2007: I finally figured out the Gambit System! Just set up your gambits how you want them to be and then LEAVE THE **#^& CONTROLLER ALONE! I blew through the judge boss fight on the Dreadnought once I just put my trust in the gambits. Mind you, it's really strange to play out an entire battle where you do NOTHING but sit and watch.

go figure
    Last edited by Barronmore; Feb 10, 2007 at 09:58 PM.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

It's more about stradegy than action, which is fine with me. It's not like you did much with the turned based battles either, plus you can still give them orders even if they are on gambits if you feel it necassary right.

Newbie sindy_luffy is off to a good start sindy_luffy's Avatar
    Thanks

I play FF12 too. And i think FF10 is better. I don't really like the battle system, prefer Active Time Battle (ATB).
    I don't like Vaan. He's not very 'main character' to me. I always use Balthier as leader and i really like him! He knows how to look cool in every aspect. I like how he uses his weapon (i said 'cool!!')
    I don't really like the quickening but i think the story is good (i'm half way).
    My friend had played it over 100 hours!!

Newbie Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone fought Doctor Cid yet.....I seriously think they should have shown a fight video clip and just watch what he does.....because I think that is one of the worse boss battles....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast