+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 13

Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy 13

is it just me or is this game...well pretty bad? lol at least by final fantasy standards it feels that way. i have had it sense opening night and i'm only at the part of Gran pulse, not because i'm having trouble all things considered the game is pretty easy. but more or less cause i am always so annoyed with the game. especially for the fact that you always have this feeling of being in a hallway instead of an open map to explore.

so what do you think of the game?

Newbie Tamahome is off to a good start Tamahome's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy 13

They took away a lot of the traditional Final Fantasy stuff which was a bit of a disappointment and it is kind of linear. Aside from that, the combat system is pretty nice and fast-paced and the story is done pretty well. I actually like it. As an RPG, I give it a 9/10. As a Final Fantasy game, a 5/10.

Thanks

the combat system isn't really the bad part. i under stand some of what they were doing. i really liked FF12's gambit system combat the only problem was after you advanced you gambit's so far you really only needed to just have them turned on and then all combat was pretty much handled by itself it was almost as if you weren't even needed any more for combat like your only job was to just walk them to where they needed to be. so i was glad that the combat system in 13 seemed to have had aspects that were more involving. but i just cant get over the feeling that their is like no exploring to be done in this world. even the side quest or side games themselves seem like they were just thrown in as an after thought.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

they havent made a good final fantasy since 10. (note: that was the game that was made as squaresoft, before it became square enix). no final fantasy has been worth the tmie or effort since 10. 13 is alright but it doesnt actually pick up until like chapter 9 or 10. but this is just one person's opinion.

Thanks

10 was ok when it came out but the last really good Final Fantasy was 9. The series started going downhill after Squaresoft became Square Enix

Thanks

i had a love hate relationship with 10 lol it was good...but not that good. i know a lot of people didn't like 12 but i really enjoyed it. it was new and very different and after getting through the first hour or so i realized i really liked it. in fact i think i have played through it at least 3 or 4 times. 13's story...it almost seems hard to connect with. they don't explain any thing really in great detail so half the time your not really sure why your doing any thing i mean its not until chapter 9 or so when they give you kind of a clear idea of just wtf a fal cie is to begin with.

Thanks

Well I had a pretty good idea what a Fal Cie was after fighting the first one in cocoon.
    I didn't like 12 because the combat system was too MMOish. If FF11 Online had that combat system, it'd be awesome beyond words. Also, I just couldn't really get into the story and characters in 12.

Newbie dollie123 is off to a good start dollie123's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to know.. Is this an interesting game? ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast