+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts?

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts?

Well me personally I love Final Fantasy alot better.

I have all of them since I was little.
    I love the gme play mainly because its
    different and it add more of a chalange to the way you have to play.
    And though I dont like putting much thought
    into I like that you do have to put some thought into it.
    And dont get me wrong I love Kindon Hearts too,
    for me I am all for Final Fantasy plus the graphics
    are like totally just err soo awomse.lol. ^.^

Oh and also like I know everyone is saying that
    the story line is comfussing but to e I think it
    adds more of a grey area to it by not telling you everything at once
    and letting you think more of what you want
    then revealing it in the end.
    But yes I love Final Fantasy.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

None of the the above.

Final Fantasy is still a lovely series technically but it's become so played out, commercial, un-original and "safe" that there's hardly any joy to be had in playing them anymore. They're fun: that's all. Final Fantasy hasn't moved me to tears since FFX... but it has made me roll my eyes with the glut of unnecessary sequels, prequels, spin-offs, off-shoots and remakes. The worst part of the proliferation of the Final Fantasy machine is it's creating a gaming world in which the ONLY traditional console rpgs anyone ever needs to (or wants to) play are FF games. That stifles the potential for new, totally different series to have their day in the sun or even share the market.

Kingdom Hearts was concieved as a giant commercial for everything under the sun. It never even aspired to originality or inspiration. I hate it with a passion for everything it is.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well, one relies on the other to be good. I think the answer's obvious. Final Fantasy is easily better than Kingdom Hearts, KH is just a bunch of disney/final fantasy characters smashed into one game. Final Fantasy is more original and all around more enjoyable. Though Final Fantasy could take notes from the battle system in KH.

Newbie xXxBloodlustxXx is off to a good start xXxBloodlustxXx's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Kingdom Hearts better. I liked just going at it immediately to defeat my enemy, than to just wait. I also loved the story line, and I just thought it had a more real life thing to it.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Easy answer: Final Fantasy.

And this is for a couple reasons:
    1. Kingdom Hearts is a Children's game, c'mon, its got Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in it, while Final Fantasy has always been geared to an older teen to adult audience.
    2. Its been around longer and the franchise has stood the test of time. Final Fantasy was actually a last ditch effort by Square (later called Squaresoft, then changed to SquareENIX) to stay in business, as they were facing dropping sales and imminent bankruptcy.
    3. I haven't played a Final Fantasy game yet whose storyline hasn't hooked me from the get go. I played and beat Kingdom Hearts and I wasn't all that impressed with the story line, and KH2 just looks like more of the same with a darker twist.
    4. While both games are made by the same company, SquareENIX, Final Fantasy's graphics (Specifically FFX, FFX-2, FFXII) are better then both KH and KH2.
    5. And lastly, you can't really compare the two really, since Kingdom Hearts is more of an action adventure game with RPG elements then a straight RPG, which Final Fantasy is.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxBloodlustxXx View Post
    I also loved the story line, and I just thought it had a more real life thing to it.
    Have you even played any Final Fantasy game from start to finish? Hell Final Fantasy X's story line easily surpasses KH's story line in the plot department. The game's world was intricately set up with its own religion, a new spoken language, government, factions. Then you move on to probably one of the most sinister villain I've ever seen in a game: Seymour Guado. Then you toss in a tragic plot twist to just flip the whole game experience up side down.

And has for real life stuff, watch this cinematic from FFX: YouTube - Final Fantasy X Yuna And Tidus Kiss At The Spring
    Last edited by aceman67; Oct 19, 2007 at 09:22 PM.

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

Even Kingdom Hearts is a children games is looks cool with anime charcters, well I believe it so. But I'm easily saying Final Fantasy too but I love both story lines. Final Fantasy have a great storylines and always doing something new.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I have played both of the series and love them both. Final Fantasy isn't something to be looked over and I love almost all of their games. With the recent direction their going in though I can't say I like it, FF12 sucked in myopinion and FF13 doesn't look to be much better. With Kingdom Hearts I'm in love with the story, it has great gameplay an replayability, and I don't have to absorb a new story every single game. All and all I have to give it to KH, there isn't anything wrong with FF I just like KH more.

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

In the final fantasy series ive only majorly gotten into one and that would be final fantasy 7. I think that was the best final fantasy to leave square. Ive played final fantasy 12 and i liked it in all but for some reason i just stopped playing it and i cant figure out why. I havent seen anything of final fantasy 13 but ive heard somethings and it doesnt sound that great.

On the topic of Kingdom hearts ive only beatten Kingdom hearts 1, and ive played a little of Chain of Memory's and a little of Kingdom Hearts 2. i think that they are a great game with an amazingly deep story, great fighting system(though chain of memorys wasnt that great cause of card system.) nice graphics though i dont really care bout that. Also they have characters from my favorite final fantasy, cloud and them from ff7.

Overall id have to go with the Kingdom hearts series they have less games to back up against the ff series but they are great. i dont have anything against the ff series but they havent come out wiht anything grand in my opinion since ff7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast