+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X cutscenes

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy X cutscenes

Ok. Ive been reading topics about how game cutscenes are real time, or CG. I think most the cutscenes in FFX are real time right? So what about the occasional very realistic cutscenes where there hair moves in the wind and they look like real people. Is that real time or CG. If its CG, i would very much like Cg cutscenes way better than real time. I dont understand how people would want real time cutscenes, if CG cutscenes look great at that level of detail. Am i wrong? Correct me.

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy X cutscenes

Those really detailed cutscenes, like where Sin sucks up Zanarkand in the beginning, are CG.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

Newbie The Informer may be famous one day The Informer may be famous one day
    Thanks

The difference between the two lies in the small details that are in the game. For example, lets say a game shows every new piece of armor or weapon a character wields in-game. By showing the in-game cutscenes, it allows the character to wield or wear the items that the player customized him or her with. The same applies with destructible environments, amount of enemies around, scenes where the character can make a choice, and weather changes. It just shows a more level of consistency that is lacking when most games show cg scenes. Of course, some developers have managed to "trick" their way past this, for example, in Final Fantasy games, and Kingdom Hearts series, characters will always wear the same attire in most or all of a game, and they never show their unique weapon(s) in CG cutscenes. Now that next gen gaming has hit the market, developers will find less of a need to use CG scenes, and instead make every single scene in a game realtime. Also, some games, like Knights of the Old republic have scenes where the character makes choices and experiences benefits or consequences, which will show later in the game in multiple ways. Basically, in-game scenes keep consistency within the game, and doesnt bring you out of the experience and set you on a linear experience too much like flashy CG scenes do.

Newbie Elegarzard may be famous one day Elegarzard may be famous one day Elegarzard's Avatar
    Thanks

the only problem they have with this technic is there are a few sceans you can see they have just taken one animation and put it in a different enviroment. The best example is when you vs another summoner they summon the fire aeon (I have no idea what you guys call you're aeons) any way you see him catch and invisible yuna out of the sky and all the gesture he makes when she gets down that it one of the few things in the ffX graphics which made me go help my eyes other than that the graphics and diffening story mode is good but compered to the rest of the ff's it is still a very linear story

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well in next generation games, where they make ever cutscene in real time, i hope that doesnt mean that the graphics like from final fantasy will decrease, THan i dont want that. I like it better with the wavy hair, If that means CG is better than hell with it. Make em all cg

damn this forum died before it even got to page too... shame
    Last edited by Hassun; Aug 23, 2006 at 11:50 AM. Reason: DOUBLE POSTING IS BAAAAD!

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

FFX cutscenes aren't real time, just very beautiful/realistic CG cutscenes.
    Which reminds me there's an FFX cutscene DVD availale which I keep meaning to get.

Thanks

WHat??? i never heard of that? Where? When? AHH!!!! I been wanting them to make something like that for ever!

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Search froogle for FInal Fantasy X cutscene DVD or something like that.
    You can also download them from Blue Laguna.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast