+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII (12)

Newbie [vi3tstuh] may be famous one day [vi3tstuh] may be famous one day
    Thanks

Final Fantasy XII (12)

Is it hard for otherpeople to lvl up on this game?
    I spent 6-7 hrs worth of playing yesterday yet I only reached lvl 10 with Vaan?
    Also, when you get Balthier, Fran, and Basch in ur party, are they supposed to be a higher lvl then Vaan?

Otaku kenchi18 may be famous one day kenchi18 may be famous one day kenchi18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy XII (12)

Quote Originally Posted by [vi3tstuh] View Post
    Is it hard for otherpeople to lvl up on this game?
    I spent 6-7 hrs worth of playing yesterday yet I only reached lvl 10 with Vaan?
    Also, when you get Balthier, Fran, and Basch in ur party, are they supposed to be a higher lvl then Vaan?
    Depends on who you play with I play the demo I don't got it yet But I am getting it soon.
    Your life means nothing to me.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it's just you. I'm a bit over 7 hours into the game and i'm at level 6 with all those characters. Between the Licence system and regular experiance I expect to spend some frustrating time getting my characters leveled up.

Mind you, i havn't had much of a problem with combat yet (besides the combat system itself). I've just been attacking everything I come across and going through the plotline and i'm sailing past everything the strategy guide says I should be having problems with.

Newbie [vi3tstuh] may be famous one day [vi3tstuh] may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    I don't think it's just you. I'm a bit over 7 hours into the game and i'm at level 6 with all those characters. Between the Licence system and regular experiance I expect to spend some frustrating time getting my characters leveled up.

Mind you, i havn't had much of a problem with combat yet (besides the combat system itself). I've just been attacking everything I come across and going through the plotline and i'm sailing past everything the strategy guide says I should be having problems with.
    Thanx for the replies I really appreciate the help. Anyways...go ahead and keep replyin if ya'll want so I can get more help lol

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [vi3tstuh] View Post
    Thanx for the replies I really appreciate the help. Anyways...go ahead and keep replyin if ya'll want so I can get more help lol
    I made it through the waterway last night and got about 3 level ups for my trouble. I'm kicking a lot of tail right now.

I've also found that while you can use the Gambit system if you wish, you really can take direct control of your party. I used a lot of magic in the waterway but found that if i left it up to the gambit system my characters would burn through magic to quickly and not get the desired results. If I directly control them I get the exact result i want and still get a few bonuses out of the gambit system.

i'll get used to the combat system sooner or later. I absolutly hate the combat system but he plotline and game itself is very very superior.

Otaku Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally think that the battle system is interesting. In fact, cuz of it, I enjoyed levelling up my character. Here's some tips about levelling up:

1. Depending your current level, always try to beat harder enemies (like Malboro Overking in Rabanastre's Waterways if your level around 20)
    2. In order to do 1.), you must apply effective gambits, like placing restorative magicks or items above attacking. Or 'self' supportive magick like protect in all character.
    3. Better raises up ALL ur characters, I mean if Vaan level's 20, everyone is 20 too. Yea it's quite troublesome, but if their level also high, they can be far more useful in battle.
    4. ALWAYS steals loot from enemy to sell it. Considered it's quite hard to gain a lot of money in FFXII. So you can buy better equipments.
    5. The last, when your story reaches Archades, make sure to buy accessory that can double ur EXP for faster levelling up.

Hope this will help n good luck^^

Lives link to one another, and the world continues...

Thanks

Depending your current level, always try to beat harder enemies (like Malboro Overking in Rabanastre's Waterways if your level around 20)
    How long did you take to level up?! I got out fo the waterways at level 7, and I got a few level ups on my way through. I can't imagine how long it would take get to level 20!

Otaku Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yea, I'm with you. I also got out from waterways at level around 10. If I can remember... back then I'm at level 9. I mean, if your level around 20, you can go back to waterways anytime to face harder enemies in that spot (like Malboro or Lizard). They can give you more than 800 EXP points! And you can beat them faster by using Mist combo. Currently, average I get 2 levels up in around one hour.

Lives link to one another, and the world continues...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast