+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360

LOS ANGELES –- Speaking through a translator, Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase explained the company’s plans to bring the game to the Xbox 360 as an effort to “bring as much fun to as many people as possible.”

More pragmatically, he also mentioned that the change in the title's PlayStation 3 exclusivity was necessary due to “market situation for the Xbox 360 in the U.S. and Europe.”

Square Enix claims the game is still far too early in development to reveal (or even speculate at) a release date, though the company did reveal their current work schedule: First, the company will finish the Japanese PlayStation 3 version, which will then be localized for North America and Europe.

Once that’s completed, work will begin on the Xbox 360 version.

Though that would seemingly indicate a delayed release for the newly-announced port, Kitase emphasized Square Enix’s efforts to release the different versions nearly simultaneously.

“As for the timing between the U.S. and Europe, we will try to make it as close as possible. We’ll try to expedite localization,” he said.

Unfortunately, Square was unable to reveal how the storage disparity between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3’s game discs would be dealt with.

He stressed the company’s goal to keep the two versions as similar as possible, however, saying “the content will be the same, though the format might be different.”

*NERD-GASM*

Ok. My plans to buy a Playstation 3 have just been officially axed.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360

I knew that it was jus' a matter of time, The PS3's sells aren' too hot and the 360s, and even the Wiis, r out sellin' them at every turn. I'll b lookin' for more games that were gonna b exclusive ta the PS3 ta follow Square's lead and jump the PS3 ship. Let's face facts, the 360 has dominated this generation of platform Gamin', The PS3 could have some life left in it if Sony would get it's act together. Yet I jus' don' c that happenin' anytime soon.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Frankly, I'm stoked. I wasn't looking forward to having to buy a new system just to play one game, especially with the price of the system being as high as it is.

Micro$haft definetly owned E3 this year.

Otaku Zerosan9000 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i feel just like you ace lol i wanted a ps3 just for that game now theres no need but killzone2 does look good lol

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Frankly, I'm stoked. I wasn't looking forward to having to buy a new system just to play one game, especially with the price of the system being as high as it is.
    I had the same thinking. I had a fit when I saw this news ^_^

RE5 and now the next final fantasy, now the only reason for me to get a PS3 is MGS4 - which I'm not in a hurry to get (not like RE5 & FF).

Thanks

Financially speaking its a sound buisness tactic for Capcom to bring RE5 and SquareENIX to bring FFXIII to the 360. PS3 sales are lax at best, and the 360 is in a hell of a lot more homes in North America and Europe.

If they kept both games PS3 exclusive, they would lose a bundle of money from lost potential sales.

I'm a hard core FF fan, but one game isn't enough for me to buy a console.

And look forward to both games being Multi Disc ala Lost Oddesy

Otaku babyman is off to a good start babyman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, since i don't have one of the two consoles I don't really mind, I was going to buy a ps3 in time, but only when the game marked had fully adapted to ps3, so no need yet for a ps3

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    ... and the 360 is in a hell of a lot more homes in North America and Europe.
    Actually the figures are reportedly pretty close over here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast