+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finishing games...

Otaku Dark Raven may be famous one day Dark Raven may be famous one day Dark Raven's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Finishing games...

I know ... I hate that. SOme games like racing and puzzle games have replay value. Multi-player helps a lot. Some games you can play over or do more with or try cheats for fun. But basically when you beat a game ... it's over. Back in the old days we'd spend forever on each game. Super Mario Bros. 3 would come out and we'd play that for half a year.

Now take my DS ... I beat Super Mario 64 DS 100% and wore out the mini-games and the multi-player part. It has sit there for months. There is no point in ever picking it up again. Why? Beside all of the regular reasons ... new games come out all of the time. But when you can't afford to buy a game every week. (Most games you can beat waaaaaaaaayyy too fast these days.)

I got New Super Mario Bros. DS on launch day. I am still playing. I choose to do 100% as I went through. So I have world 1-5 100% completed now. My bro beat the whole game in like one day. I want more game play. Sad thing is ... after three more worlds ... the game is useless. I'll never paly it again. It's hard enough or easy enough to complete. SOme parts are frustrating trying to get to that coin becasue you don't know where it is. Once you know ... you can go right to it.

So yeah ... RPG ... they are long. But have ZERO replay value.

Once I beat a Pokemon game .. besides trading my Pokemon to my next game. It becomes usless.

Really sad. That is why I always get a fighting game, racing game, and a puzzle game for each system I own. That way after I burn out on a big title ... I have something just to toss in and play!

Click on my sig and join the fun at my cool forum!

Otaku alukard_kamui89 may be famous one day alukard_kamui89 may be famous one day alukard_kamui89's Avatar
    Thanks

well since i don't like fighting games that much(except super smash melee) i just don't buy them... but rpgs, shooters, and games with interesting plots i play... but i get bored when i get to the last boss and i just quit... i don't know why...
    sig made for the SOTW comp. week of march 31.

Otaku Dark Raven may be famous one day Dark Raven may be famous one day Dark Raven's Avatar
    Thanks

I love shooters!!! As in space ships! Galaga rocks! S.T.G. Strike Gunner is one of my favorites! Oh, G-Darius!!!! My bro just bought Gradius Collection on PSP. They are great.

As to racing ... well .. once you beat everything on Gran Turismo ... before you can beat it the next one is out ... then you are sick of the tracks. All games suffer this. But I never get tired of like Tetris.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

tetri is a good game but i still
    say rpg is the way to go because
    you neevr get tired of them atleast i dont
    i mean rpg rules. and rpg has alot in cmmon with anime
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

Yes, but once you beat a RPG 100% with a 100 hour save ... you'd be insane to play it again!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

well call me insane lol
    i have played ff7 ff 10 and 10 pt2 so many times
    and can mimic every action they do . j/k
    but anyway i just love rpg it has totaly replay valure for me
    and all 3 wild arms gmaes rock as well i cant get enough of
    the anime opening on the games
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

There are a lot of games that are only good for one play through. Linear games like Omega Boost. It moves you .. so the game is the same everytime you turn it on.

Newbie G_khan may be famous one day G_khan may be famous one day G_khan's Avatar
    Thanks

I HATE racing games ('cept burnout, thats more of a love hat relationship) and cant play them. I Love RPGs but can never finish them....ever. I dont mean to stop it all just gets too much for me( i can never beat the next next big bad dude... ) but in a way its kinda kool because it means that your left with an open ending and you can imagine what happens next

Only games i can finish are fighting games - Smash Bros. Soul Caliber - represent!!
    spirits are aallllwwwaaayss wwiiiiiiitthhhh yyyoooouuuuuuuuuu bbbbbooooohahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hah......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast