+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firefly!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Firefly!

Firefly was a TV series that was on in 2002... It was sort of a sci-fi meets western... That sounds strange, I know... But they did it! Haha! The film Serenity is based on the series.

It's about a smuggling ship, Serenity, and her crew - Led by Captain Mal (who is awesome, by the way). They end up picking up paying passengers, one of which is a fugitive.

Has anyone seen Firefly? If so, did you like it and why? (Or why not :O)

My husband picked it up on DVD and made me watch it, lol... I actually really love it! It's not uber cheesy, though you think it would be. The actors are actually really awesome - There's humor, action, hot chicks, chicks kickin' booty, and that lovely sci-fi goodness. There is a hint of a western feel to it, but again, it's not cheesy. It's actually really rad. I haven't watched all of it yet, but I can't wait to finish it!

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Firefly!

Yeah its a really good show, I used to watch it on SciFi channel. Then the movie came out and it was really good too. I went to go see it in the Theater, and this creepy guy stared at me through the whole movie. The movie was too good for me to leave though. lol

I like the show because its pretty funny, its got the action, drama and everything mixed in. I love Jayne, he is so funny. He is the stupid lets blow things up guy.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Firefly! So does anyone I talk to that has watched it. Its one of my favorite shows and I'm really sad it wasn't ever completed.

I love the humor that is thrown around all the time whether its Jayne's awesomeness, Wash's hilarious remarks, or River's crazy ramblings.

I'm not a huge fan of the movie, while it was entertaining it kinda ended the story as it was so anything made after that wouldn't be the same.

Mal: What in the hell happened back there?
    Wash: Start with the part where Jayne gets knocked out by a 90-pound girl 'cause... I don't think that's ever getting old.
    Last edited by Ishamael; Sep 17, 2009 at 02:15 PM.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome!

Yeah, I love Wash's sarcasm - He's got great timing for those one liners, lol!

I also really love the unspoken chemistry between all the characters. They don't even have to say anything for you to catch what's going on.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Ooooo, I found my firefly quotes.

[River is hiding after seeing Shepherd Book without his hair tied back]
    River: If the snow on the roof is too heavy, you see, the ceiling will cave in. His brains are in terrible danger.
    Book: River, please, why don't you come on out?
    River: No! Can't. Too much hair.

Jayne: And if wishes were horses, we'd all be eatin' steak.

[standing over his wounded opponent, refusing to kill him]
    Mal: You know, they say mercy is the mark of a great man.
    [stabs the man]
    Mal: Guess I'm just a good man.
    [stabs him again]
    Mal: Well, I'm all right.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishamael For This Useful Post:

Spike'sRose (Sep 18, 2009)

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

yes...it's really a good tv show. why not another movie based on the tv series? even a sequel to serenity. damned you hollywood!!
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    [standing over his wounded opponent, refusing to kill him]
    Mal: You know, they say mercy is the mark of a great man.
    [stabs the man]
    Mal: Guess I'm just a good man.
    [stabs him again]
    Mal: Well, I'm all right.
    ROFL!

I LOVE Mal, dang it! That rules.

I know... My husband is a huge huge fan. He told me that after they canned the show, the fans were of course furious! So many people wrote in and complained and asked to bring it back, that they said, "Oh... How about a movie instead?!" Lame!

Another movie would be ok.. But I think I want more of the show: Same cast of course! lol

Oh yes, my hubby made me watch one of the later episodes... The one with the bounty hunter: Jubal Early. He is so friggin' BRUTAL!!! I don't want to spoil it. >.<

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

I liked it it was a pretty good show and I agree it was really chessy (lol) but I wish they still would of had made more seasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast