+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Writers

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Freedom Writers

Hello everyone! Has anyone seen this movie? Did you like it? I watched it a week ago and I absolutely loved it. I am determined to get it the moment it gets in stores.

One of the reasons I loved it so much was the fact it was so sentimental. It's about this teacher who goes to an area that is infested with gangs and hopes to not just teach kids but to help guide them to a better way of life. At first it seems everything is against her. The students hate her, the students in her class are constantly fighting, the rest of the school staff doesn't like how she teaches, her father doesn't agree with her choice of work, and her husband after a while can't stand how much she is putting into her job. Yet despite the circumstances she succeeds in changing the lives of these kids for the better. It was so cool!

Another reason I liked it so much was the fact the fact that it was a true story. That made it even more awesome! It's just one of those movies that makes you think that anything is possible.

Anyway, if you did see this movie and you liked it or disliked it please explain why. Also, if you haven't seen it but you want or don't want to see it please explain why as well.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Freedom Writers

I have heard of it. Is it about racist people at schools?! I don't know. Somebody please explain.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Freedom Writers

Looked too basic without any orginality at all. A teacher goes and teaches to kids who don't want to learn, heard it a thousand times. Although if you liked it thats all that matters. I personally won't see it, well eventually I will I guess just because I see almost every movie but only on DVD.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    I have heard of it. Is it about racist people at schools?! I don't know. Somebody please explain.
    Freedom Writers is based onna true story of real Long Beach, California teenagers after the LA riots, during gang warfare near Wilson Classical High School in Long Beach, California. one teacher is challenged by a group of Black, Jewish, Latino, and Asian street gangsters who hate her even more than each other,because she is White. After a few days of class, Erin and her students get into a debate about racism during which she compares a caricature of a black student with big lips, drawn by another student, to the Nazi's caricatures of Jews with big noses. after the teacher starts showing them the past racist mouvements, and in between the plots are gang wars.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Looked too basic without any orginality at all. A teacher goes and teaches to kids who don't want to learn, heard it a thousand times. Although if you liked it thats all that matters. I personally won't see it, well eventually I will I guess just because I see almost every movie but only on DVD.
    Yeah, I understand. I'm just a sucker for the really sentimental movies and the fact that it was a true story didn't help at all. I love any movie that was based on a true event though there have been some where I think "Ok, they have got to be lying about that one." Like for instance, I remember watching this one vampire movie and they did stuff that no ordinary human being could do and at the end it said it was based on true events. I didn't believe a word of it. I just thought even if it was based on true events they had obviously blown it way out of proportion.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Freedom Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    Freedom Writers is based onna true story of real Long Beach, California teenagers after the LA riots, during gang warfare near Wilson Classical High School in Long Beach, California. one teacher is challenged by a group of Black, Jewish, Latino, and Asian street gangsters who hate her even more than each other,because she is White. After a few days of class, Erin and her students get into a debate about racism during which she compares a caricature of a black student with big lips, drawn by another student, to the Nazi's caricatures of Jews with big noses. after the teacher starts showing them the past racist mouvements, and in between the plots are gang wars.

Thanks for explaining it to me! I don't think I'm going see that. I just don't know.

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

i so want to see that movie its about a school where nobody believs in the kids and one teacher teachs them to express themselves through words and i dont know the out come but ive heard its really good
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LostbutFound View Post
    i so want to see that movie its about a school where nobody believs in the kids and one teacher teachs them to express themselves through words and i dont know the out come but ive heard its really good
    yea it seems sad though so i dont want to see it in the theaters lol OH GODI MIGHT CRY lol... hmm especially if i go with my best frined{annonimous} he might disturb the ho movie by talking loudly in teh whole movie {yes he does that}

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast