+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The future of E3

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

The future of E3

Taken from E3's main site..

ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES EVOLUTION OF E3EXPO FOR 2007

Washington, DC — To better address the needs of today's global computer and video game industry, the 2007 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3Expo) is evolving into a more intimate event focused on targeted, personalized meetings and activities, the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) announced today.

“The world of interactive entertainment has changed since E3Expo was created 12 years ago. At that time we were focused on establishing the industry and securing orders for the holiday season,” said Douglas Lowenstein, President of the ESA, the trade association representing U.S. computer and video game publishers and the owner of E3Expo. “Over the years, it has become clear that we need a more intimate program, including higher quality, more personal dialogue with the worldwide media, developers, retailers and other key industry audiences.”

The new E3Expo will take shape over the next several months. As currently envisioned, it will still take place in Los Angeles, described by ESA as a “great and supportive partner helping to build E3.” It will focus on press events and small meetings with media, retail, development, and other key sectors. While there will be opportunities for game demonstrations, E3Expo 2007 will not feature the large trade show environment of previous years.

“E3Expo remains an important event for the industry and we want to keep that sense of excitement and interest, ensuring that the human and financial resources crucial to its success can be deployed productively to create an exciting new format to meet the needs of the industry. The new event ensures that there will be an effective and more efficient way for companies to get information to media, consumers, and others,” said Lowenstein.

Additionally, the evolution of the video game industry into a vibrant and expanding global market has led to the creation of major events in different regions, such as the Games Convention in Leipzig, the Tokyo Game Show, and company-specific events held by Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, and others around the world. As a result, Lowenstein said, “It is no longer necessary or efficient to have a single industry 'mega-show.' By refocusing on a highly-targeted event, we think we can do a better job serving our members and the industry as a whole, and our members are energized about creating this new E3.”

Additional details about the new E3Expo event will be forthcoming in the next few months.

The ESA is the U.S. association dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of the companies publishing interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the Internet. ESA members collectively account for more than 90 percent of the $7 billion in entertainment software sales in the U.S. in 2005, and billions more in export sales of entertainment software. For more information about the ESA, please visit www.theESA.com.

Basically, E3 as we know it won't be the same exciting convention full of booth babes and crowds. Instead, it is becoming a more professional event, focusing on small meetings and such. This means no more large crowds, special events, free swag, booth babes, gaming booths, huge announcements and large scale showings, etc. So, is this more professional move for E3 better for it? Or does this mean the end of E3 and its excitement as we know it?

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The future of E3

u know what Im gonna miss the most? the both babes XP.... no for real they get the product sold...
    I dont know if its a good idea... I think a game/electronic expo like E3 should be more like a party where ppl just go have fun ang get to know the the products that they are interested in, u knoe get the info and meybe try the product... more like a free guided expo, cuz if they do it kind of professional and stuff its gonna be completely different.... but I guess somthing positive should come out of this new version of the expo if they are gonna change it...
    but come on who wants to miss "This means no more large crowds, special events, free swag, booth babes, gaming booths, huge announcements and large scale showings, etc." thats what makes it fun, am I right?
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah a long reunion with babes and gaming expiriences something really cool.

perdoname michelle!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a shame too because I think this decision also excludes the small time, upcoming magazines and press looking to get "the big scoop" on the newest games coming out in the future.

Banned SilentAssasin may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well I dont go to E3's but I sure do love the news they bring so this doesnt matter to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilentAssasin View Post
    Well I dont go to E3's but I sure do love the news they bring so this doesnt matter to me.
    True, same applies here. But some people just loved looking at the special events, features, excitement, live broadcasts(like G4), Booth Babes, cosplayers, and more..since they would show all of this on game websites for us fans.

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

the fact most of the teen age watch em
    there popular.

perdoname michelle!

+ Reply to Thread