+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Game age ratings

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Game age ratings

I think the ratings system is good but it sadly doesn't really change what the parents will buy for their children when it comes to games usually. Infact, I think that sort of thing just makes it more tempting for kids. I knew it did me. You always want the things you are not supposed to have . . .(pitiful sigh). It has never really influenced me to do bad things though honestly because I just never took video games seriously because I knew that was not reality.

I think they should keep it there though because it does give some idea out to the public what kind of game it is that they are potentially buying for their children.

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

The rating system can be pretty useful though. You can tell that an 18 game is going to be crap because its 18. Practically all 18 games(GTA and maybe Doom/Quake/FEAR being the only exception that Ive ever played) are just filled with swearing and over the top violence for the hell of having them and trying to be controversial.

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

there are alot of good games out there now that are rated M
    and there will continue to be games that u almost must play that are rated M
    thats partially because of the graphics that people can now make games where they are almost as real as just watching a movie.

and when u are playing a game you control the violence. most of the time there is no violence unless u do start it. and kids learn to like the violence and they accept it more as an ok thing.
    that is why alot more violence is erupting. not just kids either. although adults should be the smarter people they are just as affected by the violence that happens when playing a video game they are more subsectable to creating violence.

im not saying its the main cause but it is a major contributing factor in todays problems.

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    I ignore them all the time. I just think its stupid. It's not like I'm going to go out and shoot a lot of people just because I played GTA. That is not logical...nor possible. The lawmakers just want to make the whole world kiddie-proof...>_<

Why they aren't useless or stupid: cause if they weren't there people would have the ability to blame the games and win law suits left and right claiming the game made there kid kill people every time there is a shooting, regardless if it doesn't affect the majority of us gamers, and they would claim they had no idea it would. That is why it is necassary and not stupid in my opinion.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree with you deo-chan. The ratings are very important. The warn the buyer -and parents, that the game may have some material that may not be suited for kids under such and such an age. Whether it's killing, or prostitution, or zombies coming at the screen... they games have their ratings to warn the people. And it's a symbol saying, "You can't sue me. You bought me. Therefore, you knew was in store for you and yours to begin with." But you do have to admit that many people ignore the ratings [ i.e. Mr. Macky516 up there ], especially parents when buying the games for their kids, or when letting their kids buy it themselves. This, as said before in one of my posts, upsets me big time. Parents don't check anything these days. If parties have the right kind of supervision, if what their children wear is inappropriate, what type of games their children play... Nowadays, parents are acting selfish. Well, some at least. Not most, just some. I say they need to be more active in their childrens' lives and be aware of the things their kids get into.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Why they aren't useless or stupid: cause if they weren't there people would have the ability to blame the games and win law suits left and right claiming the game made there kid kill people every time there is a shooting, regardless if it doesn't affect the majority of us gamers, and they would claim they had no idea it would. That is why it is necassary and not stupid in my opinion.
    There are still people who blame video games for their stupidity. There are still lawsuits going on. The game ratings aren't changing a thing. The parents get the games for the kids regardless of the ratings. Why? Because the children ask for them, they whine for them and the parents give into it. Besides the parents ought to teach their children the difference between fantasy in a video games and the real world. That's my opinion anyways...

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally gone by the rating system through my life. Now that I'm 21 this year it doesnt really matter though. XP

But I've seen countless number of parents/guardians buy younger children games rated T of even M games at the game shop I used to work at. (I' scared that if an AO - Adult Only games was sold than they'd buy that too)

Its the parents/guardians responsibility to know whats in the game first when they buy it. I've seen kids lie to their parent/guardians right in front of me saying stuff like "There's not much blood in that game" or "Its TOY guns that they use..." ...WTF!!! Although that gave me the oppurtunity to spoil their "fun" by telling the parent/guardian the truth. (yeah, some might think I'm an @$$hole but it was my job too y'know)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I ignore the game age ratings most of the time,sure when i was younger my mom bout me game that were rated for old kids but now i just buy what i want,as for if they influenced me no they dident.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast