Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game Series which need to be revived.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Game Series which need to be revived.

Ever thought about how certain games of the past were pretty darn awesome? Ever wondered why a series which had a lot going for it ended abruptly?

Yeah, well I do. And I'll be listing some series here which I think deserve another chance. So without further ado:

Rollcage

(Rollcage °1999, Stage II °2000 both developed by Attention To Detail Platform: PSX and PC)

What is it?

Rollcage and its successor Rollcage Stage II are racing games along the lines of Wipeout series only instead of hovering rocketships it uses cars with huge wheels which enable them to drive upside down. Some of you may remember having an RC car like it. But that's not all: Not only can the cars drive upside down, they can also drive on the walls and the ceiling. Creating some very interesting races and insane tracks.
    Furthermore there are speed pads, weapons and powerups scattered along the tracks to spice up the races. All of this combined with some great electronic tunes make for a nice package.

Why should it return?

Wipeout got a glorious return so why not Rollcage?
    The concept of being able to drive on walls and ceilings is just too awesome not to be given a proper update.

Pictures:

Rollcage:

Rollcage Stage II:

Videos:

YouTube - Rollcage Stage 2 gameplay
    YouTube - Rollcage Trailer

P.S
    I've read that Rollcage and Rollcage Stage II are now considered to be abandonware, which means you can download and play them for FREE.
    Last edited by Hassun; Dec 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM.

Newbie FinalXepher is off to a good start FinalXepher's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Game Series which need to be revived.

This game series i loved when i was young and i still love it today.

The Megaman Legends Series.

What is it:

It is a game about a Megaman Volnutt, later known as Megaman Trigger. It is not like the traditional Megaman 2D platformer but is the first to go to a 3D platforming. It's not like the newer Megaman X7 and X8 either as it doesn't switch from 2D to 3D. It stays 3D the whole game with a free roaming camera.

Storyline:

The series takes place on a flooded Earth where only islands exist for people to live on. Energy sources are rare and the only source out there are quantum refractors. Megaman is a Digger who is a person who goes into ancient ruins to find refractors while Roll is his Spotter, people who give Diggers guidance through the ruins. The ruins are guarded by Reaverbots who were made to guard the refractors. The goal all the Diggers is to find the Mother Lode, which is supposably an infinate source of energy. If you want to get more in depth into the storyline, look it up.

Combat System:

It greatly differs from any of the other games in the Megaman series. It's in 3D and the camera always stays behind Megaman. You have to aim to shoot accurately unless you have auto aim. The buster is different as it doesn't charge. You have to increase its parameters by equipping Buster parts to it. The parameters are Attack, Rapid (how fast you can shoot), Range, and Energy (the amount of shots that can be fired without stopping). No combination makes them all perfect so you have to choose according to you battle style. There are also special weapons that can be made by Roll, your close friend and Spotter, if you give her the right parts. The special weapons can be improved in 5 different areas (depending on the weapon) by paying her with the money you make.

Why it should make a return:

This was an excellent game series. It was addicting and had a very good story line (that I couldn't understand when i was little). Also the last game, Megaman Legends 2, had an incredibly abrupt ending. It was set up for a sequel that seemed like it was supposed to get made but never happened.

Pictures:

All in all, it waas one of my favorite game series and will never get old to me. I can only keep hoping that some day, they just might think about continuing the series.

Btw, they both came out for PSP so if you want to get them...

If this world is hell,
    then God is nicer than everyone thinks

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

This is one game that I have to agree on. Beside Wipeout, Rollcage was the ONLY other reacing game I ever play. Man the game was insane. The tracks as well. Got Rollcage and its still awsome for a ps1 game, one of the best for that console to play
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally i think I'd like to see a new version of the Gex games. It was platforming at its finest along with a wisecracking lizard. In today's new video gaming market, it would be nice to see some technological advancement to and old classic.

Plus he gave me one of my favorite lines in a game: "I'm hungry, damnit!"
    Why hello there!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, some may disagree, but I think a series that would be cool to revive is BattleTanx.

BattleTanx was released for the N64 and I think PS1. The plot was pretty weak, but the gameplay was pretty sweet. You picked out of various different factions, and got to use various different fantasy tanks to drive around a battle with. There were a ton of collectible items and upgrades to use on the battlefield, invisibility, guided missles, bouncing betties, even nukes. What was really cool was being able to drive around and blow up buildings out of your away as you were trying to find your enemy. I think if they did it right, they could remake the game to fit this generation of systems pretty well, at least one could hope they don't totally kill it. Here's a couple screens;

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Hmm, some may disagree, but I think a series that would be cool to revive is BattleTanx.

BattleTanx was released for the N64 and I think PS1. The plot was pretty weak, but the gameplay was pretty sweet. You picked out of various different factions, and got to use various different fantasy tanks to drive around a battle with. There were a ton of collectible items and upgrades to use on the battlefield, invisibility, guided missles, bouncing betties, even nukes. What was really cool was being able to drive around and blow up buildings out of your away as you were trying to find your enemy. I think if they did it right, they could remake the game to fit this generation of systems pretty well, at least one could hope they don't totally kill it. Here's a couple screens;

I completely forgot about that game! Such an under-the-radar gem it was!
    Why hello there!

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post

Haha, the only thing I remember is the commercials with the Snuggle bear getting blown up.

YouTube - Nintendo 64 Battletanx - Commercial

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think the company that made it went out of business..it's a pity that someone hasn't bought the rights to the game and revamped it. Whew, I'm glad at least a few people know/remember that game. Haha, oh yes, I remember that commercial now. N64 had some good commercials, I still remember the original super smash bros. commercial, XD.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast