Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Game Series which need to be revived.

Banned Funky Pong Champion, Flick Kick Champion, El Emigrante Champion, DragonHunters Champion, Mahjongg 3D Win XP Tiles Champion, Mahjongg Toy Chest Champion Alphonse Hohenheim is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Game Series which need to be revived.

One game i would loved to have seen more games is Golden Sun its my favorite game just about but there is a picture of one for Wii coming out but nobody has heard of it coming out from the makers so most people think its fake.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alphonse Hohenheim View Post
    One game i would loved to have seen more games is Golden Sun its my favorite game just about but there is a picture of one for Wii coming out but nobody has heard of it coming out from the makers so most people think its fake.
    it's not exactly old but I agree, Golden Sun was actually pretty cool for the gameboy, and I'm surprised it hasn't been made for the wii yet. If not a revival, certainly more attention. or a 3D version for the DS? They did it for Fire Emblem, I bet they could pull off Golden Sun for wii.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright let me be the first to go further in date than any of you

I would have to go with Warsong as it is the best game of all time for me!

A video of the game play YouTube - Warsong "Langrisser" Review by GamerWyrm

It was an overall great game the only thing I hated about it was I couldn't save my games on my Sega Genesis for some reason...

I've probably beat this game over 100 times and can still play it and have fun!

Too bad it ended in America on its first release but it was push further in Japan.

What is it?
    Warsong (known as Langrisser in Japan) is a game developed by NCS. It blended tactical warfare with RPG elements, similar to the Fire Emblem series. It was initially released for the Mega Drive/Genesis console and the PC-Engine CD add-on, the former version being published by Treco in America and the only game in the franchise released outside Japan. The PC-Engine version was released under the title, Langrisser: The Descendants of Light. It was later re-released along Der Langrisser (its sequel's remake) in a compilation for the Sega Saturn and Sony PlayStation.

Why should it return?
    For one it had a great story and characters something a lot of games now and day lack.

Pictures:

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Here we go again!

Dino Crisis (Although I'll pretty much only be talking about Dino Crisis 2)

When Shinji Mikami and Capcom introduced the world to Dino Crisis back in 1999 most people's (correct) response was. Oh look, he replaced the zombies with dinosaurs. Indeed, other than a serious saurian obsession there wasn't much reason to play Dino Crisis if you already had your fill with Resident Evil 1 and 2 (3 followed a little while later of that same year).

But then, about one year after RE3 Nemesis was let loose on the masses Capcom birthed a sequel to Dino Crisis and... HOLY GUANO BATMAN it was eyebleeding awesome!

Gone was the "RE clone" identity crisis from the first game. Dino Crisis 2 was an almost entirely different (m)animal. No longer were you running around tight hallways with puny weapons and even punier stocks of ammunition. This time it was time to effing TCB!
    The action was furious and rewarded the aggressive player in the form of a combo system for maintaining a killing spree which resulted in the player getting "Extinction Points" for each area in the game. These points could then be used to get bigger guns, upgrades to the weapons and other useful trinkets.

The story wasn't all that special but had it's moments and combined with good graphics, nice cutscenes, 2 characters to play as, extras, boss battles, on rail events, submerged areas and truly awesome enemies the game's flaws were negligible while its strengths were gigantosauric.

After the 'great success' that was Dino Crisis 2 the series took a nosedive into fossilized triceratops excrement with the release of Dino Crisis 3 for the Xbox in 2003. They basically tried to make a 'dinosaurs in space' game and by Jove it was awful.

Time passed, the Resident Evil series continued it's familiar path and it appeared that Dino Crisis was lost in space forever. But then came the revolution. 2005, Resident Evil 4 takes the public and critics by storm. Resolutely stepping away from its survival horror roots and firmly going into the action-filled third person shooter direction.

This got me thinking, Dino Crisis 2 had most of the elements everybody loved in Resident Evil 4. Why hasn't a sequel been announced? Is it because the RE series and the Dino Crisis series would again be too similar? I don't know.

What I DO know is that I totally wouldn't mind seeing a new Dino Crisis game. Crazed dinosaurs in HD, kickass weapons, a more fleshed out Regina (both physically and mentally ) and combining elements from Dino Crisis 2 with Resident Evil 4 & 5 for a truly wicked action title.

Quick Facts:

Dino Crisis - 1999 - Playstation ... 2000 - Dreamcast & PC
    Dino Crisis 2 - 2000 - Playstation ... 2003 - PC
    Both are 1 player games.

Dino Crisis 2 screamshots:

C-C-C COMBO!

Fire breath

Big mofo

Videos:

DC2 trailer showing what the game is all about.

Intro to DC2 + a bit of gameplay
    Last edited by Hassun; Jan 13, 2009 at 05:51 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yeah Dino Crisis 2 was one of the best. I still remember having to shoot the dinosaurs when your ship is traveling between islands. Unfortunately I gotta say the ending was a tad bit predictable. The first one was good but was confusing and difficult as heck. And 3 I didn't even bother to check it out.

Has anyone mentioned Parasite Eve yet?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

EARTH WORM JIM!!!!!!!! Come on, Earth Worm Jim is a down right classic. Its fun, morbid, and disturbing. All the EWJ games were fun and funny as hell. If you have not played this game then you have been deprived my friends. It DEMANDS to be revived.

His best friend is named Fluffy who is like Dr Jekle and Mr hide puppy dog thing where he turns into this berzerking Werewolf thing and goes on a rampage beating the crap out of every one, usually Jim for some odd reason. He has a pet booger blob thing living in his back pack and he flies around space on a turbine jet engien and rides it like a motar cycle that some how fits in his back pocket. He uses his head as a wip and bungy cord and has a ray gun that fires like a machine gun.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2