Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: genres of music

Newbie hokage487 is off to a good start hokage487's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool genres of music

what kind of music do u guys like, what bands or artists do u like?

i will start off saying that i like any kind of rock

Liknkin park, fall out boys, weezer, cold play, maroon 5(if that counts), good charolette, swicthfoot, etc.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: genres of music

My music style is very erratic, as i like many kinds of music from all ages and languages. I can go from the Caramelldansen to "Raining Blood" by Slayer.

My recent discoveries are as follows:
    Nightwish- A symphonic metal band from........Finland i think.....well either way i recently discovered them. I like them fro both their intruguing use of a keyboard and for the sound of the vocals, both with Tarja and Anette. The guitar fits seamlessly with the orchestral sounds, and the haunting vocals add a sense of Broadway.

Dragostea Tin Tei: I've rediscovered this song by O-zone when i was watching an episode of South Park in which youtube celebrities try to get paid for their popularity. It's just so damn catchy!

That's really all i can think of at the moment.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hokage487 View Post
    what kind of music do u guys like, what bands or artists do u like?

i will start off saying that i like any kind of rock

Liknkin park, fall out boys, weezer, cold play, maroon 5(if that counts), good charolette, swicthfoot, etc.
    Highlighted for the reason that they aren't Rock.
    Rock fled and went into hiding in the Early 80's before it was overwhelmed by Metal and could be bastardised by Nirvana. It sits in the shadow's waiting for the chosen band to arrive and makes it's presence felt by the fact that The Who, Focus and Led Zepplin are still Rocking in their retirement.

Anyway... I'll listen to pretty much anything. I prefer older music (as you may have guessed), Rock and Classic Metal are my favourites. I still like Motown and even Early Pop Music will get a chance. As for newer Music, their are a few bands that are quite good; notably the Foo Fighters, The Zutons and Wolfmother. I still thinkmost of Modern Metal is terrible. This era belongs to Drum and Bass.

What we really need is a good old fashioned Punk revaloution to stir things up. If only the Sex Pistols or Bad Manners could make a Worldwide comeback for a year or two, just to clear the field of all these wannabes who think they're hardcore, but really are Badger.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm.. I have a lot of genres of music. But, my favorites is J-Rock, metal, Scream-o, punk.

my favorite band!

Bullet For My Valentine- There more of a British metal band. (i just stared liking them ) There sooo awesome! I like it how some of there songs they have like a really long solo and there lyrics are soo good in some of there songs like "Tears Don't Fall" The song is really good but, the music video is kinda weird. There playing in the rain and they would have a couple go in a hotel.. *cough* for sex *cough* And, I like also, how they have a really hot voice to a scream-o voice. It's like a transition.

And I like a lot more but, it would take me forever to write all of them..

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a lot of singers I like. I mostly like R&B/rap music. Some of my favorite artists are Beyonce,Nina Sky,Brandy,Aaliyah,Webbie,Boosie,Mariah Carey,Ginuwine,Ludacris,and so on.

Newbie Splyker is off to a good start Splyker's Avatar
    Thanks

im mixed but im Beatles all the way! The original Band!
    I also like Daft Punk (techno) and 3 Doors Down (Rock) Linkin Park (Rock) and a few others
    What do you see?

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    My music style is very erratic, as i like many kinds of music from all ages and languages. I can go from the Caramelldansen to "Raining Blood" by Slayer.

My recent discoveries are as follows:
    Nightwish- A symphonic metal band from........Finland i think.....well either way i recently discovered them. I like them fro both their intruguing use of a keyboard and for the sound of the vocals, both with Tarja and Anette. The guitar fits seamlessly with the orchestral sounds, and the haunting vocals add a sense of Broadway.

Dragostea Tin Tei: I've rediscovered this song by O-zone when i was watching an episode of South Park in which youtube celebrities try to get paid for their popularity. It's just so damn catchy!

That's really all i can think of at the moment.
    at least someone has some taste. got my username from the band. but anyways i listen to rock. always have always will. i listen to more hard rock and metal, though not as much metal as i used to. my favorite band is probably Disturbed since i own every cd they have ever put out including singles, imports, and special editions. but i also listen to some punk rock too. just not a whole lot. like i said i listen to more hard rock then anything else. i like a heavy sound with vocals that actually are good. Stone Sour is good for that too.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

OH yea my second passion.lol.
    Um well I love alot of music.
    I love alternative rock, and rock, some hard rock.
    I also love techno like daft punk. (they are totally awsome)
    Ummmm.....I also love jrock. My first fav band from this genre would be gakt. *fan girl sqeel*
    ok and umm i love the old 90's rap and R&B I dont really like the new stuff. The oldies are better.
    I also like some indie bands. all thanks to Conrad. >.<
    but yea I love music.And you could probably get me to listen to somthing new. ^^

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast